- App Store Info
Description"… the definitive source for puzzles for iOS…" -- the New York Times
Download and play crossword puzzles right on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Each day many newspapers provide their crossword puzzles online; with one tap you can download and solve them, get hints, view clues, and track how quickly you're improving!
The #1 Crossword Player on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch just got even better!
• New: Sync your puzzles with Crosswords for Mac; Start a puzzle on your Mac, then finish it on your iPhone or iPad.
• Get new puzzles every day
• Touch and hold a square to view hints on iPad
• Enter Numbers and other special characters by holding down keys
• One tap downloads all of today's puzzles
• Nearly unlimited puzzles from many different sites
• US and UK Cryptic puzzles available
• Hints, Websites, and Clue lookups
• Enter answers in 'ink' or 'pencil'
• Quickly see your recently played, or sort by date or provider
• Detailed info on each puzzle
• Post your solve times online and compare with other solvers
• Grab older puzzles with a tap
• Tap the clue list with two fingers to adjust the font size (iPad only)
Included Puzzle Sources:
+ We are currently working with several of the recently removed providers; we hope to have these puzzles back soon. Thanks for your patience! +
• NY Times (Premium Crosswords subscription required)
• Brendan Emmett Quigley's Weekly Puzzle
• Elizabeth C. Gorski's Crossword Nation
• Inkwell Crossword
• Village Voice
• Chronicle of Higher Education
• The Independent
• King Features Crosswords (Joseph, Sheffer, and Premier)
• Telegraph UK Quick & Cryptic Crosswords (subscription required)
• People Magazine
• American Values Crossword (Premium)
• Andy Kravis, Cruciverbist at Law
• Crooked Crosswords (Premium)
• Glutton for Pun
• MacNamara’s Band
• Matt Gaffney’s Crossword Contest
• Murchie’s Monday Fills
• Neville Fogarty
• Puzzle Express
• The Stickler Weekly
• Telegraph Toughie (it’s missing from the Telegraph UK Quick & Cryptic line)
• World of Crosswords
• Additional puzzles downloadable via the Puzzle Browser; browse the web and download more!
* Providers list subject to change. Some providers may no longer be publishing, but may still have older puzzles available in Archive form, accessible via the "Download Older Puzzles" option. *
•• For support, please visit our website at http://www.standalone.com ••
• You can tap on the clue text at the bottom of the screen to toggle across & down
• Rotate the screen to see both the puzzle and clues
• Touch for a moment then drag to precisely select a square.
• Touch the Plus to download older puzzles
Please note that Crosswords requires an internet connection to download puzzles. Syncing puzzles to your Mac requires the purchase of Crosswords from the Mac App Store. Multiplayer requires iOS 6.0 or later.
What's New in Version 2.63- fixed a problem where checking puzzle info could clear progress
- fixed some display problems with rebus answers
- fixed a few bugs