Hold'em Odds Quizzer
- Publisher: PokerCruncher, LLC
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 9 Dec, 2008
- Size: 574.9 KB
- Price: $2.99
- App Store Info
DescriptionTake challenging odds tests to improve your understanding of Texas Hold'em odds.
*** New, modern UI theme ***
"... extremely easy and fun to use ... excellent way to quiz your understanding of equity situations ... This can really improve your pre- and post-flop play and is a no-brainer $1.99 investment."
"Although there are a ton of poker iPhone applications available in the iTunes store, none are focused on actually making the user a better poker player. Enter applications developed by PokerCruncher ..."
Many more great reviews on our TwoPlusTwo forum thread.
(See our website for links.)
First take our quick 10-question general assessment quiz. Then go deeper and take our pre-flop, post-flop, basic, and advanced quizzes. The quizzes cover common and important pre-flop and post-flop situations involving made hands and draws and random hands that you'll encounter frequently in actual play.
Then for even more of a challenge, take our hand ranges and multi-player quizzes (pre-flop and post-flop). Poker is a game of incomplete information; we can almost never put our opponents on specific cards. We have to put them on ranges of hands (e.g. "I think he has Aces or Kings or AceKing") and make odds estimates based on incomplete information.
* Quizzes you on dozens of common and important situations/scenarios.
* Basic and advanced situations/scenarios, with specific hands and random hands and hand ranges, two-player and multi-player.
* Shows you the questions in random order, times you, and shows you the correct answers.
* Explains the players' outs and counter-outs and runner-runner outs, for post-flop questions.
* Gives you an A+ ... F grade for each quiz, and a score, and saves all of your grades and scores inside the app.
* Outs Chart.
* Pre-Flop Odds Chart for common pre-flop matchups.
* Odds Tutorial - explains "equity", "outs", and more.
See where your odds knowledge currently stands ... See if you can improve and get all A's ...
There's much more to poker than just knowing the odds of course, and you don't need to know the odds to 1% accuracy to be a good player. But you could be off far enough on your odds estimates for some important situations to make a difference. We believe the odds are the foundation and are worth mastering; we hope you think so too.
App Store reviews are greatly appreciated, thank you.
Also please check out our companion apps Poker Odds Teacher and PokerCruncher.
Poker Odds Teacher complements this app well. Our Quizzer app quizzes you on the odds on many different situations/scenarios. Our Teacher app teaches you a general method for estimating the odds in your head in real time.
What's New in Version 5.11) Fix the “invisible sliders” problem that started happening on iOS 8.3.
2) New, modern UI theme across entire app.
3) Cleaner and more modern app icon.
4) This app now requires iOS 7 or later.
=== Seeking More App Ratings/Reviews ===
If you like Hold’em Odds Quizzer, please consider rating/reviewing it to support our continuing work, or update your review to the current version, thank you!