- App Store Info
DescriptionWord Up is new and improved! At last, a major upgrade for Word Up is here! Leaderboards, Achievements and other cool features are now ready for play. Come play the word game that REACTS to what you spell!
"Great word game for those who love word games like I do. I especially like the thoughtfulness to include specific sound effects for specific types of words. Easy to learn and hard to stop playing." - Jeff M.
"I was completely addicted to WordUp on my PC -- great job with the iPhone version!! If you love word games, get this one -- you will not be able to stop playing it. Oh, and the graphics are great!!!" - Martpie
"Could be addicting but the crashes make it frustrating...that and my wife has 10000 points more than me!" - FBU
( Skunk Studios: sorry about the crashes in the old version! We've upgraded it majorly - the new version should crash much less! )
Create words by connecting the letters in the grid then hit the Word Up button to bank it. New letters will drop in to refill the board. For extra strategy, rotate your iPhone to change which direction the tiles drop! Two game modes allow for fast and frantic, or calm and cerebral. Sassy sound effects and achievements keep the gameplay fresh and fun.
– Select tiles to spell any word up to 9 letters long.
– Rotate your device to change the direction in which the tiles drop.
– Click and drag spelling or click one tile at a time.
– Strategy Mode: Reach the target score before your allotted word count runs out.
– Timed Mode: Play 3 rapid fire two minute rounds to score as many points as you can.
– Amazingly integrated audio effects: Spell a racy word and hear what happens.
– Dynamic save feature lets you exit at any point to continue playing later.
– Play against your friends with Leaderboards powered by OpenFeint (NEW!)
– Earn trophies for spelling skills with Achievements powered by OpenFeint (NEW!)
What's New in Version 1.1- Leaderboards: play against friends in Word Up Strategy and Word Up Timed games
- Achievements include everything from a 3-letter to a 9-letter word
- Secret achievements for spelling specific words!
- Now compatible with iOS 4.2
- Bug fixes & small embellishments