hwBrowser - Download files from the web!
- App Store Info
DescriptionFound something you want to download when you are browsing the Web on your iOS device? Now you can download them with hwBrowser!
- Download any file from the Internet.
- View any webpage as on Mobile Safari.
- View downloaded files on your iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad.
- Transfer downloaded files to computer with any web browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc).
- Transfer files into iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad with any web browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc).
- Universal App, one purchase for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Browse webpages
- Download any webpage and files
- HTTP server/USB for transferring files to computer
- Password-protect the HTTP server
- URL entry histories
- Configurable homepage
- Orientation lock
- Two types of download button, toggle or popup menu
- Download multiple files at the same time
- Disable auto-lock to prevent Wi-Fi/carrier data network disconnection during download
- View, rename or delete downloaded files
There are a few reasons that you want to download a file:
1. The original Mobile Safari display file on screen directly, every time you re-open it, Safari re-download it, this is time-consuming, drink a lot of battery power, and cost expensive data fees.
2. Sometimes you found a good computer software on the web, you want to download it first, and install it on your computer later.
3. The iPhone can't open some too high resolution image, by downloading it you can view it on your computer later on.
4. You want to save the file on your iPhone, and view it on the iPhone directly without re-downloading.
File Formats supported:
Download: All file formats are supported.
Open on iPhone:
- Images (.jpg, .tiff, .gif, .png)
- Audio (AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF & WAV)
- Video (H.264 & MPEG-4 video in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov)
- Microsoft Office 97-2007 Documents (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
- PDF Documents (.pdf)
- Text Documents (.txt)
- Contact information (.vcf)
- Apple iWork Documents (.pages, .numbers, .key)
Special note on audio and video playback: This software use the same playback engine from the iOS, any media that can be played with the "iPod" app on iPhone, or the "Music" and "Video" app on iPod Touch, will also play in hwBrowser.
This software support website that requires login too. For example, you can login to your rapidshare / megaupload / other file hosts premium account, and download the file faster.
Special thanks to CocoaHTTPServer
What's New in Version 1.8- Universal app, support iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- Works on iOS 3.0+
- minor bugs fixed