- App Store Info
PSynth is Clockwork Software's amazing hand held recorder/synthesizer for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Using PSynth you can record and save those melodies that pop into your head from time to time and you can express them with an almost infinite variety of unique sounds. While PSynth doesn't have every feature a stand alone synthesizer has, you have in your hand an amazingly powerful tool in a portable, use anywhere format. Watch for PSynth to become more powerful with each software release.
PSynth's architecture and capabilities are similar to that of a Mini-Moog or a Roland Juno synthesizer but with the addition of a built in multi-track sequencer. Many of the synthesizer sounds heard in todays contemporary music can be emulated with PSynth. Unlike old analog synthesizers, PSynth is implemented entirely in software in the digital domain. This means all timing aspects of PSynth are rock solid and totally synchronous and PSynth will never, ever go out of tune.
PSynth turns the iPhone and iPod Touch into a complex music production device which will take time to completely master. In experienced hands, PSynth is a serious musical instrument. For all users, PSynth can be a source of wonder and delight with the multitude of sounds and sonic textures it can create.
PSynth has the following features:
- Multi-track recorder/sequencer with looping playback capabilities
- Three voice polyphony
- Full automation of all synth elements
- Three oscillators + one LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator)
- Oscillators have 7 octave range
- Oscillators have four selectable waveforms
- Oscillators can run in tracking mode or polyphony mode
- Oscillators can be detuned in relation to each other
- Oscillators can be amplitude or frequency modulated to a user
- Built in metronome with tappable tempo and selectable beats per
- 24db/octave variable resonance Low Pass sweepable filter
- Pink noise generator
- Two Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release (ADSR) type envelope generators
for driving filter and amplitude envelopes
- Effects infrastructure which allows audio effects to be applied in any desired order. Even the
ordering of effects is automated.
- On board effects for this release include Delay, Phaser and Reverb
- Ability to save and load scenes and songs
- All aspects of operation run in real time
We recommend you read the user's manual before purchasing PSynth so you know exactly what you are getting. We would rather not have bad reviews by people who misunderstood what they were buying. The PSynth User's Manual is freely available at:
This manual is the definitive source of PSynth information and should tell you just about everything you need to know about the product. If you still have questions after reading the manual, send us email and we will answer them for you.