Notebooks 8 - Write and Process Documents. Store and Organize Files. Manage Tasks and Projects.
- App Store Info
DescriptionNotebooks provides convenient ways to store and organize your documents, quickly write down notes or carefully create beautiful documents, and manage your tasks and projects. It also converts documents to PDF or produces eBooks with just a few taps. - If you are looking for a single app than can handle all your writings, minutes, tasks and documents, Notebooks may be your candidate.
What you might be able do in a handful of unrelated apps, or what you can try to achieve in a collection of paper based notebooks, you can easily do in Notebooks, which fuses the power of multiple apps. This is what it combines:
• Text Editor and Note Taker
• Word Processor
• Markdown Composer
• HTML to Markdown Converter (Markdownify)
• Task Manager and Reminder
• File Storage and Organizer
• Voice Recorder
• Clipboard Manager
• PDF Converter
• PDF Reader (in app purchase)
• eBook Creator
Its robust Dropbox and WebDAV synchronization options make it easy to share your collections of documents not only across multiple iOS devices, but also with your Mac or PC. Dedicated desktop versions of Notebooks can seamlessly pick up your work exactly where you left it on your iPhone or iPad.
What Users Say
"Notebooks is my workhorse. I use it every day and all day to manage all my business and personal stuff. It has replaced my daybook and project notebooks entirely - and done so with efficiency and style. It's still the best!"
“Notebooks is a wonderful App, which is so much better than the dozen other note apps I tried. It is sophisticated, in an unassuming way, so that you find yourself greatly rewarded and being productive without sacrificing time/effort to the App. I cannot tell you how much productivity I have gained. I am having a huge amount of fun, I use it constantly, more than the phone on my iPhone in fact."
“You are GTD in every way that makes it efficient and makes me efficient.”
Some More Detail
- Notebooks allows you to conveniently write, capture and organize your ideas, notes, reminders, journals, diaries or details of life that you want to keep close at hand. If you need to take an important note, or search for one, you'll always have the ultimate notebook at your fingertips.
- Notebooks stores and displays almost any document you want to carry with you: text and HTML, PDF, MS Office or iWork documents, web pages, photos, videos, music and even your Palm memos. Everything you would usually print out and file you can put directly into Notebooks, without adding bulk.
- Notebooks also keeps your task lists and lets you tick off your to-dos as you complete them. You can divide your projects into nested sub projects, which makes them easier to handle, and with Notebooks' links you can cross-reference to documents which may be stored elsewhere in Notebooks. When a task reaches its due date, Notebooks' badge on the home screen reminds you of pending business, and an optional acoustic alert tries to draw your attention.
- Notebooks provides tools to further process your documents; you can convert them to PDF or turn them into eBooks, but you can also merge multiple documents into one, or split meeting minutes into separate tasks and route them directly into your inbox.
Whether you want to draft a business presentation, type a chapter of your short-story, save web pages to read later, write an entry in your diary or journal, tick off your tasks, or just capture notes and ideas on the go, you need to have Notebooks today.
For more information, please visit our website.
If you experience any problems or issues, please contact us by mail. Your feedback helps us improve Notebooks. Thank you!
What's New in Version 8.0Notebooks 8 contains some major additions along with a set of improvements and corrections.
Major new features
- Automatic background sync for Dropbox: Notebooks can now automatically connect to Dropbox at regular intervals, quickly identify what has changed, and sync the respective documents; it is no longer necessary to open a book or to trigger a sync from the action menu to ensure that Notebooks is in sync with Dropbox.
- Full featured PDF Reader (as in app purchase)
- Use Touch-ID to unlock Notebooks.
- The *today view* (swipe from top of display) can show Notebooks' due tasks and allows you to manipulate them (iOS 8 only).
- Sketches are finally available on iPhones, too.
- Improved handling and display of email (.eml) messages.
- Improved handling and display of webarchives
- Compressing documents now includes embedded images and plist files.
- Set hourly repeat intervals for repeating tasks.
- Swiping left across an entry in the list of books and documents reveals Delete, Info and More... options (iOS 8).
- Disable typographic quotes during Markdown conversion (use (c) instead of ©, for example).
- Option to treat lines starting with "//" as comments. These lines are excluded from word- and character count and are ignored during Markdown conversion (plain text only).
- New keyboard shortcuts (external keyboard)
Fixes and corrections
- Refined dark theme
- Improved alignment of extra keyboard keys on iPhone
- Reliably save text after using dictation without pressing any key (iOS 8)
- Improved handling of background patterns/images to establish compatibility with iOS 8 (this breaks compatibility with Notebooks 6, but only when using custom background images or patterns)
- Avoid corrupted voice memos if device locks down during recording.
- eBook creation takes better care of special characters in document titles (& and # especially)
- On iPhone, the delete and info buttons have changed positions to make it harder to accidentally delete items.
- New, centered alert sheet when deleting items.
- Formatted Markdown documents can now be printed correctly.
- Converting Markdown documents to PDF reliably embed images.
- Refined document themes (you can get the previous "default theme" from the download area on our website)
All details are available on our website at http://notebooksapp.com/news