Notebooks - All Your Documents, Files and Tasks
- App Store Info
DescriptionNotebooks provides you with convenient ways to quickly write down notes or carefully create beautiful documents, store and organize files, and manage tasks and projects. It converts documents to PDF or produces eBooks with just a few taps, and even offers an optional, full featured PDF Reader. If you are into Markdown, Notebooks is as well.
So if you want to manage all your documents, writings, notes, tasks and files in one app, Notebooks is exactly what you are looking for.
What you might be able do in a handful of unrelated apps, or what you can try to achieve in a collection of paper based notebooks, you can easily do in Notebooks, which fuses the power of multiple apps. This is what it combines:
• Text Editor and Note Taker
• Word Processor
• Markdown Composer
• HTML to Markdown Converter (Markdownify)
• Task Manager and Reminder
• File Storage and Organizer
• Voice Recorder
• Clipboard Manager
• PDF Converter
• PDF Reader (in app purchase)
• eBook Creator
Its robust Dropbox and WebDAV synchronization options make it easy to share your collections of documents not only across multiple iOS devices, but also with your Mac or PC. Dedicated desktop versions of Notebooks can seamlessly pick up your work exactly where you left it on your iPhone or iPad.
What Users Say
"Notebooks is my workhorse. I use it every day and all day to manage all my business and personal stuff. It has replaced my daybook and project notebooks entirely - and done so with efficiency and style. It's still the best!"
“Notebooks is a wonderful App, which is so much better than the dozen other note apps I tried. It is sophisticated, in an unassuming way, so that you find yourself greatly rewarded and being productive without sacrificing time/effort to the App. I cannot tell you how much productivity I have gained. I am having a huge amount of fun, I use it constantly, more than the phone on my iPhone in fact."
“You are GTD in every way that makes it efficient and makes me efficient.”
Some More Detail
- Notebooks allows you to conveniently write, capture and organize your ideas, notes, reminders, journals, diaries or details of life that you want to keep close at hand. If you need to take an important note, or search for one, you'll always have the ultimate notebook at your fingertips.
- Notebooks stores and displays almost any document you want to carry with you: text and HTML, PDF, MS Office or iWork documents, web pages, photos, videos, music and even your Palm memos. Everything you would usually print out and file you can put directly into Notebooks, without adding bulk.
- Notebooks also keeps your task lists and lets you tick off your to-dos as you complete them. You can divide your projects into nested sub projects, which makes them easier to handle, and with Notebooks' links you can cross-reference to documents which may be stored elsewhere in Notebooks. When a task reaches its due date, Notebooks' badge on the home screen reminds you of pending business, and an optional acoustic alert tries to draw your attention.
- Notebooks provides tools to further process your documents; you can convert them to PDF or turn them into eBooks, but you can also merge multiple documents into one, or split meeting minutes into separate tasks and route them directly into your inbox.
Whether you want to draft a business presentation, type a chapter of your short-story, save web pages to read later, write an entry in your diary or journal, tick off your tasks, or just capture notes and ideas on the go, you need to have Notebooks today.
For more information, please visit our website.
If you experience any problems or issues, please contact us by mail. Your feedback helps us improve Notebooks. Thank you!
What's New in Version 8.6.2Notebooks 8.6.2 addresses Dropbox connectivity issues when using mobile networks (LTE), fixes a problem when searching the contents of PDF documents and corrects layout glitches when using Notebooks in iOS split view mode.
New in Notebooks 8.6
* Notebooks 8.6 requires iOS 9 or later.
* Notebooks 8.6 is a recommended update for all users who rely on Dropbox sync.
Additions and Improvements
- Tap and hold any task's icon to set or change its due date.
- You can now change the sort order of Due Tasks.
- The formatting toolbar provides a dedicated Camera button. Tap and hold it to take a photo with the camera, or tap it for a list of options. This button is available on all iPads, but on iPhones only when the screen is wide enough.
- New Gesture: long-tap with two fingers scrolls to the bottom of the current document.
- New keyboard shortcuts are available for search, toggling fullscreen and more. Hold down the cmd key for a full list.
- Settings: "Add Photos to Camera Roll" automatically adds photos taken in Notebooks to the Photos app.
- Some timestamp formats have been optimized.
- The Today extension shows all tasks that are due today (instead of due *now*).
- The Share extension accepts and imports a larger number of document types.
- iPad in 2up mode: the info for the document in the right window now correctly appears in the left window.
- On iPad Pro, we have optimized the typewriter mode's layout.
- Notebooks now accepts a custom table of contents file (.ncx) and provides more attributes.
- To improve compatibility, Notebooks now uses "id" tags instead of "name" tags for anchors.
- Notebooks 8.6 uses the new Dropbox API v2, which is mandatory after June 30, 2017. Users should not notice any difference, except for better performance.
- Improved conflict handling: Notebooks inspects the contents of the local and remote versions of a document in addition to the modification dates.
- Fixed an issue when the users wants to resolve a conflict by importing the version from Dropbox (iOS 10.3 only).
- New settings to show sync status of system files.
The update also contains corrections and fixes.