- App Store Info
Description** For a limited time, we offer Notebooks 7 at a discounted price **
Notebooks provides convenient ways to store and organize your documents, quickly write down notes, carefully create beautiful documents, and manage your tasks and projects. It also converts documents to PDF or produced eBooks with just a few taps. - If you are looking for a single app than can handle all your writings, minutes, tasks and documents, Notebooks may be your candidate.
What you might be able do in a handful of unrelated apps, or what you can try to achieve in a collection of paper based notebooks, you can easily do in Notebooks, which fuses the power of multiple apps. This is what it combines:
• Text Editor and Note Taker
• Word Processor
• Markdown Composer
• HTML to Markdown Converter (Markdownify)
• Task Manager and Reminder
• File Storage and Organizer
• Voice Recorder
• Clipboard Manager
• PDF Converter
• eBook Creator
Its robust Dropbox and WebDAV synchronization options make it easy to share your collections of documents not only across multiple iOS devices, but also with your Mac or PC. Dedicated desktop versions of Notebooks can seamlessly pick up your work exactly where you left it on your iPhone or iPad.
What Users Say
"Notebooks is my workhorse. I use it every day and all day to manage all my business and personal stuff. It has replaced my daybook and project notebooks entirely - and done so with efficiency and style. It's still the best!"
“Notebooks is a wonderful App, which is so much better than the dozen other note apps I tried. It is sophisticated, in an unassuming way, so that you find yourself greatly rewarded and being productive without sacrificing time/effort to the App. I cannot tell you how much productivity I have gained. I am having a huge amount of fun, I use it constantly, more than the phone on my iPhone in fact."
“You are GTD in every way that makes it efficient and makes me efficient.”
Some More Detail
- Notebooks allows you to conveniently write, capture and organize your ideas, notes, reminders, journals, diaries or details of life that you want to keep close at hand. If you need to take an important note, or search for one, you'll always have the ultimate notebook at your fingertips.
- Notebooks stores and displays almost any document you want to carry with you: text and HTML, PDF, MS Office or iWork documents, web pages, photos, videos, music and even your Palm memos. Everything you would usually print out and file you can put directly into Notebooks, without adding bulk.
- Notebooks also keeps your task lists and lets you tick off your to-dos as you complete them. You can divide your projects into nested sub projects, which makes them easier to handle, and with Notebooks' links you can cross-reference to documents which may be stored elsewhere in Notebooks. When a task reaches its due date, Notebooks' badge on the home screen reminds you of pending business, and an optional acoustic alert tries to draw your attention.
- Notebooks provides tools to further process your documents; you can convert them to PDF or turn them into eBooks, but you can also merge multiple documents into one, or split meeting minutes into separate tasks and route them directly into your inbox.
Whether you want to draft a business presentation, type a chapter of your short-story, save web pages to read later, write an entry in your diary or journal, tick off your tasks, or just capture notes and ideas on the go, you need to have Notebooks today.
For more information, please visit our website.
If you experience any problems or issues, please contact us by mail. Your feedback helps us improve Notebooks. Thank you!
What's New in Version 7.2.1** If Notebooks refuses to launch on any of your devices, please change the time format to 24 hours (in iOS settings). We are working on a permanent solution. - Thank you! **
This update addresses several issues reported by our users and improves compatibility with iOS 8:
- Nervous scrolling behavior when editing formatted documents
- Jumping to Prev/Next search result
- Display of protected items
- Printing on iOS 8
- Timestamps and inserting images on iOS 7
New in Notebooks 7.2
- Support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iOS 8 Compatibility
- New "Edit" actions in search results and smart books: move, delete, create eBook, and more
- "Copy Link" action creates links to any section in formatted documents
- New "Compile Documents" option, which creates one formatted documents from selected books and documents
- "Create eBook" allows selection of documents and books
- "Merge Notes" has been replaced by "Archive Documents"; format is chosen automatically based on selected documents
- Option to open Markdown documents (.md) as plain text
- Option to select which emphasis character Notebooks should use for Markdown (_ or *)
- Option to show Creation or Modification date in document's preview; depends on selected sort order.
- Books open much faster due to new caching mechanism (can be turned off)
- Updated (and added back) yellow background patterns
- Added “Courier” to list of fonts
- ".taskpaper" is now an editable file type
- Allow search for strings with enclosing spaces like " note "
- Added support for "notebooks:///" links, which are handled like "notebooks://show"
- Much improved Markdown formatting in plain text
- Sort order of due tasks has been reverted: latest on top, oldest at bottom
- "Align lists in plain text" option is active by default
- Documents are marked "out of sync" when attributes are changed
- Info View: make sure that color label does not “walk up”
- Fixed an issue when searching contents of smart books
- Correctly handle umlauts in internal links
- Sort order settings for Contexts are sticky
- Context tags are not extracted from "source code" files (to avoid ambiguity)
- When extracting tasks from Markdown document, always use plain text as reference
- When marking a task as done, correctly adapt the cell's background color
- Selecting a voice memo while recording brings up pause/stop dialog
- When inserting current position, correctly escape spaces in URL
- Avoid “No Connection to Dropbox” messages when using auto sync in Airplane mode
- WebDAV sync: fixed a crash when syncing huge hierarchies of books and documents