French English Dictionary +
- App Store Info
DescriptionThe #1 French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch - Offline Dictionary with over 726,000 Entries - Comprehensive Phrasebook - Verb Conjugator - Vocabulary Quizzes - Offline Audio Pronunciation - Universal Application
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
* * * * * “Best that I have found. This dictionary is very complete. I have found it to be better than some online dictionaries.”
* * * * * “I teach an intermediate class. I always have my iPad by my side. This app is great for quick word definition searches.”
* * * * * “More than just a dictionary. The photo capability is perfect for visual learners like me. I definitely recommend it!”
* * * * * “Worth the money. Great app! Best French dictionary I could find in the appshop.”
* * * * * “Excellent. Very complete and easy to use. Being an offline tool is a key benefit.”
French English Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language translator, always ready to help. It includes everything you need in one app and features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes and images to dictionary entries. Advanced features and extensive content make VidaLingua the most comprehensive French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download it now and start learning French or English today!
- French English Dictionary with over 726,000 offline entries.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of French nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,438 French & English verbs.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in French & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia).
- Single index search for fast lookups in French or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrase book.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Universal app which can be installed on 5 iOS devices.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
- Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging learning companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
Tags : dictionnaire, anglais, français, traduction, traducteur, phrases, conjugaison, verbes
What's New in Version 6.1.65- Added online images to dictionary. If image is available, an icon will appear. Tap icon to display image (requires wifi).
- Implemented offline pronunciation in addition to higher quality online TTS when available.
- Added Voice Setting for pronunciation with US, UK, Australian, French and Canadian accents. Tap speaker icon to select.
- Implemented Voice Setting to choose pronunciation speed (Slower, Normal, Faster).
- Improved voice management so voices are audible even if the ringer is turned off.
- Added thousands of dictionary entries.
- Implemented "Suggest Improvement" link at bottom of dictionary pages.
- Improved online lookup in Wikipedia, Wiktionary and other sources for words not found on device. Tap globe icon in search field.
- Improved typography for fonts and letter effects in iOS7.
- Added subtle paper texture as background for dictionary pages.
- Extended pronunciation to tenses, verb forms and words in translation entries.
- Added Translate button to verb conjugation screen.
- Enhanced support for iPad including split screen layout.
- Improved flags icons, app icons, launch images and phrasebook category icons.
- Added part of speech to headwords in dictionary lookup list.
- Enhanced user interface by moving dictionary attachments (notes, images, audio clips) to single menu. Tap Paperclip icon at top of screen.
- Improved dictionary page layout on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Added Facebook sharing of dictionary entries.
- Fixed iPad landscape layout issues.
- Fixed pronunciation issue which caused voice to turn off on iPad 2.
- Disabled autocorrect in search field.