- App Store Info
DescriptionSunVox is the Most Powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small, fast and powerful modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
With this program you can compose music anywhere. On any device. It also available (for FREE!) for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Maemo, PalmOS, Android, and other systems.
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export;
• WiFi export/import;
• MIDI import/export;
• MIDI IN/OUT;
• Mic/Line-in recording;
• Real-time recording;
• Audiobus (INPUT and EFFECTS slots) support.
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with wrench in the upper right corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
How to connect one module to another? For multitouch devices: first touch on source, second touch on destination. For other devices: select the first module (source); click on the LINK button; select the second module (destination).
REC button is only for notes and controllers recording. If you want to record sound - use the Sampler module (REC button under the Sampler controllers).
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
Development status of the new version:
What's New in Version 1.7.5* 64bit CPU support;
* SunVox file type association: now any SunVox-compatible documents (sunvox, midi, xm, mod) can be opened from other apps (Mail, Browser, etc.);
* new module - Pitch Shifter;
* customizable curve of the values has been added to MultiCtl module;
* MIDI Octave Offset option has been added to the MIDI Preferences;
* PR (Set note period) command has been renamed to SP (Set pitch);
* main menu has been divided into two separate menus: the Main Menu (left side) and the Pattern Menu (right side);
* UI design slightly changed;
* new simple song examples: crossfader;
* new song examples: Twistboy - Translucent, unspoken_words;
* bugs fixed.