- App Store Info
DescriptionAgile Estimate is a really useful tool for software developers, testers, team leaders and product managers who work in Agile environments.
Agile is a group of software development methodologies based on iterative development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organising cross-functional teams.
Agile methodologies break tasks into 'Stories', which are written to develop or enhance functionality. These must be planned and their effort estimated so that teams can keep track of their progress.
Agile Estimate contains card sets for numerous Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, XP and Crystal. You should use the card set(s) that match the methodology you employ. You can choose which card sets to show in the app by loading your device's Settings app and turning the card sets on or off. By default, Effort, General and Poker will be displayed.
The cards represent a number of points, or effort. Team members choose the one card they feel best reflects the effort they would need to put in to complete the story. To choose a card, simply scroll through the list or search for a card, then tap the item to display it. You can display the cards in portrait or landscape.
After a count of 3, all team members reveal their card. If there is a wide range of estimates, say, from 1 to 8, the team members with the lowest and highest cards should explain their estimate. It is likely that the story will be discussed again and re-estimated. The idea is to get a consensus on the effort required for each story.
This is where Agile Estimate comes in. Rather than using a set of physical cards, use your iPhone or iPod touch instead!
Agile Estimate features cards for:
- Double: 0, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 representing effort doubling at each step
- Effort: 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 ... 5 days
- Fibonacci: 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89
- General: ? (unknown), infinity (will take too long, break the story down), pi (not definable), and a Coffee Break card to signify you want a break in the estimation process.
- Linear: 0 ... 10
- Poker: 0, 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 20, 40, 100
- T-Shirt Sizes: XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
Agile Estimate is a simple app, and it's totally free.
What's New in Version 2.1- Added card sets for Double, Fibonacci, Linear and T-Shirt Sizes.
- Added the ability to turn the card sets on and off in the device's Settings app. The defaults are Effort, General and Poker.
- Swipe up or down when a card is displayed to change your estimate without going back to the list, i.e. if 1.5 effort is displayed, swiping up increases the estimate to 1.75. Swiping down decreases the estimate to 1.25.
- Added an "About" button for information on Agile methodologies, and how to use the app.
- Corrected dodgy shadows on the infinity and pi symbols.