d2u Transcriber: Dictation and Transcription - Free Trial (Dictate, Audio, Voice, Recorder, Typist, Secretary)
- App Store Info
The d2u Transcriber application is the world’s first fully integrated dictation and transcription system for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch. Experience the power of our award winning transcription service in your pocket, at your desk or on the go. Record letters, reports, case notes and much more. The possibilities are endless and the time and money we can save are great.
IMPORTANT: All users are able to record and edit audio files. To take advantage of its transcription features, you will need an account. You can register inside the app or request one by emailing [email protected]
Please note the d2u app is free to download with a 5-minute free trial to test our typing service with no obligation. After the trial we charge £1.55 per audio minute. You can add credit to your account using PayPal or a credit card.
dictate2us are the UK’s number one transcription service providing accurately typed documents with fast turnaround times. We have unparalleled experience in the transcription industry, working with over 85,000 clients worldwide. We work with hospitals and law firms, government bodies and universities. Your typist will have a great deal of experience in your specific field. They will be familiar with the terminology and formatting.
How does it work?
1. User dictates, saves and categorizes a recording with the d2u Transcriber app
2. Audio is securely uploaded to the dictate2us transcription platform
3. Dedicated typist transcribes the file into a Microsoft Word document
4. An editor amends any errors or formatting issues
5. Document is proofread and an extra level of editing is applied if needed
6. Finished document is emailed to you or made available for download
How do we charge for transcription?
We charge per minute of audio rather than per word, line or time taken to type. We believe this is the fairest way as you will know exactly how much a file will cost before uploading.
It is worth noting that people dictate 3 to 4 time more quickly than they type. A 10-minute dictation file could take up to 40 minutes to transcribe. With d2u you only pay for the 10 minutes.
- Record, edit and review audio files
- Fast forward, rewind and scrub recordings
- Manage and categorize audio files
- Access your d2u account to check remaining credit balance and access completed documents
- Pause and resume uploads to dictate2us
- Military-grade 256bit SSL encryption
- Shake to start recording, shake to stop and upload
- File compression, reducing data usage when uploading audio files
- Check the status of uploaded files
- Free storage of all audio files for 30 days
- Application pin security protects your recordings should your phone be lost or stolen
How long does it take to transcribe?
The d2u app allows users to get their transcribed documents back extremely quickly. As soon as your encrypted file arrives at our servers, it is decrypted and assigned to your regular typist. Once edited and proofread, our online transcription platform will email a copy of the finished document or, if preferred, a link can be sent to download the document straight to your phone, tablet, PC.
We return work in a Microsoft word document and can type into your personal letterhead or template.
If the file length is:
- less than 5 minutes long we will return your completed document within 60 minutes
- more than 5 minutes long your finished document will be returned within 24 hours
Data Confidentiality and Security:
The d2u Transcriber app uses state-of-the-art data security including military-grade encryption similar to online banking and retail websites. Our servers are UK-based and hack-tested daily. We are fully Data Protected with the Information Commissioners Office, reg no: Z189181X. Our staff are office-based and have signed non-disclosure agreements. We do not employ homeworkers and our staff have no means to remove data from our systems.
What's New in Version 2.0.1Detailed App Version - 184.108.40.206911149
- A bug was fixed that appeared when the transcription upload failed due to weak or poor internet connection. This fix enables the app to save the audio recording successfully and prevents the audio file from being saved in a bad state (which can result in the file being deleted).
- A bug was fixed in relation to the Wi-Fi / authorisation issue with our server when pressing Actions>Transcribe. We have added a new blocking UI to prevent access to the recorder when checking authorisation. This will ensure the app can process the requests without being interrupted.
- A bug was fixed which now allows users to zoom in and out on Word documents transcribed when on the dictate2us Account Web View.
Please note: The app may appear as if it is locked up but sometimes the timeout on the failed connection attempt takes around about 10 seconds to ensure an internet connection is not present.