dictate2us: Voice Recorder - Transcription Service
- App Store Info
DescriptionThe dictate2us mobile app is the world’s first fully integrated voice recorder and transcription system for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Experience the power of our award-winning transcription service in your pocket, at your desk, or on the go. Record letters, reports, case notes, interviews and much more. The possibilities are endless, and the time and money you can save are significant.
IMPORTANT: All users can record and edit audio files. To take advantage of the app’s transcription features, you will need to register within the app, which only takes a minute.
You can download the app for free, and a 5-minute free trial is offered so you can test our typing service. When the trial credit has been used, we charge £1.55, per audio minute. You can add credit to your account using PayPal or a credit card.
dictate2us is the US's number one transcription service provider of accurately typed documents with fast turnaround times. We have unparalleled experience in the transcription industry, working with over 300,000 clients worldwide. We work with hospitals, law firms, government bodies, students and universities. Our typists are experienced in specific fields. They are familiar with different terminologies and formatting styles.
How does it work?
1. User records audio and saves a recording with the dictate2us app.
2. Audio is securely uploaded to the dictate2us transcription platform.
3. Dedicated typist transcribes the file into a Microsoft Word document.
4. An editor amends any errors or formatting issues.
5. Document is proofread to ensure accuracy.
6. Finished document is e-mailed to you or made available for download.
How do we charge for transcription?
We charge per minute of audio rather than per word, line, or time taken to type. We believe this is the fairest way as you will know exactly how much a file will cost before uploading.
People dictate 3 to 4 times more quickly than they type. Thus, a 10-minute dictation file could take up to 40 minutes to transcribe. With d2u, you only pay for the 10 minutes.
How long does it take to transcribe?
The d2u app allows users to get their transcribed documents back extremely quickly. As soon as your encrypted file arrives at our servers, it is decrypted and assigned to your regular typist. Once edited and proofread, our online transcription platform will e-mail a copy of the finished document, or, if preferred, a link can be sent to download the document straight to your phone, tablet, or PC.
We return work in a Microsoft Word document and can type into your personal letterhead or template.
If the file length is:
- less than 5 minutes long, we will return your completed document within 1 hour
- more than 5 minutes long, we will return your completed document within 24 hours
Data Confidentiality and Security
The d2u Transcriber app uses state-of-the-art data security, including military-grade encryption similar to online banking and retail websites. Our servers are UK-based and hack-tested daily. We are fully data protected with the ICO and HIPPA. Our staff are office-based and have signed non-disclosure agreements. We do not employ homeworkers, and our staff have no means to remove data from our systems.
What's New in Version 3.4• App updated for iOS 10
• New interfaces and HD graphics for iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 2, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 plus and iPhone 6s Plus.
• App has been converted from a 32-bit to a 64-bit binary architecture, making it faster to use on new devices.
• We have introduced a “send all feature” allowing users to send all dictations recorded to us in one go.
• We have introduced a feature to allow users to “insert” dictation, as previously users could only overwrite or append recording to the end of the dictation.
• Updated Name and Note section with modern iOS look and user experience.
• Updated Categories section with modern iOS look and user experience.
• We have introduced loading messages and loading spinning wheels have been added so users are better informed whilst using the app.
• Minor bugs fixed that have been reported to us.
• Registration form shortened making it easier to register for our service and free trial.
• We have added UK, USA and Rest of world contact numbers, so users can call our team @ local call rates for support.
• We have added a live chat feature to the app