d2u Transcriber: Dictation and Transcription
- App Store Info
DescriptionThe “d2u app” combines a world-class voice recorder with the one of the world’s top Transcription Services to provide you with the best dictation and transcription solution available. Record, edit and upload a digital recording then have the file accurately and efficiently transcribed to text anywhere, at anytime. All you need is an Internet connection. It’s easy to use, yet safe and secure (128 bit encryption). We are fully data protected and HIPAA Compliant.
IMPORTANT: To use the transcription features of this app, you will need a d2u account. You can register for an account on our website. Please read the below information for rates.
- Record, edit (overwrite and append) and review files
- Fast forward, rewind and scrub
- Manage and categorise
- Access your d2u account to view job status
- Express mode for quick “shake, dictate and upload”
- Pause and resume uploads
- Blue tooth headset recording
- 128 bit encryption
- File compression
- Check the status of files (being transcription, being edited, being proofread).
- Free storage of all sound files and completed files unless otherwise told to delete for a minimum of 3 months.
- Application Security
- Works with all iPhone models (Original, 3G, 3Gs).
- Works with iPad and iPod Touch models (2nd Generation+).
- Special optimisation built-in for 3Gs and iPad.
d2u is one of one of the world’s top transcription companies. We have over 5,960 regular users of our service. Founded in 2003, we have unparalleled experience in the transcription industry. We employ specialists for different business sectors ensuring greater quality and accuracy for the benefit of all categories of customers.
Data Confidentiality and Security:
Our typists are located in our offices and they have no means of removing data from their machines. All typists have signed confidentiality agreements. We are fully Data Protected to the highest level with the Information Commissioners Office in the U.K.. Our registration number is Z189181X.
The d2u app supports 128 bit encryption for added security.
Turnaround times of work:
We will transcribe the file into a “Microsoft Word Document Format”, (or if supplied, into users’ own templates), and it can be retrieved from your personal and secure d2u account page. Documents can be returned to the originating email address, by simply changing the settings in your account.
If the file length is:
- less than 5 minutes, d2u will endeavour to return your completed file(s) back within 60 minutes.
- more than 5 minutes, your completed files will be returned within 24hrs.
How much does it cost?
The d2u app is FREE to download and test making a recording. We charge for each dictated minute transcribed rather than per word, line or time taken to type, that way users know exactly what the cost will be before they send us the work. Our charges are totally transparent.
It is important to recognise that people dictate 3 to 4 times more quickly than they type, (and approximately 7 times more quickly than they write), so a 10-minute dictation could take 30 to 40 minutes to type. With d2u you only pay for 10 minutes with a typist you would pay for the 30 to 40 minutes.
The price is £1.55 (including VAT @ 20%) per dictated whole minute. You can use your credit/ debit card or Google / PayPal account.
For more information, go to: http://www.dictate2us.com/app
To watch an independent video review of the app, go to: http://dailyappshow.com/d2u-transcriber
The d2u app is powered by Bottle Rocket's world-class voice recording engine
*price relates to exchange rates as of 10:00 hrs, 28th April 2010.