- App Store Info
Tank Game is a iPhone 3D action game designed with sophisticated artificial intelligence to challenge your strategy thinking, tank aiming, and dodging skills. It is set in a town with invading enemy tanks. Your mission is to destroy those enemies as many as possible while getting survival as long as possible. The enemies are trained with artificial intelligence that knows to use outflanking tactics or surprise attack. An advice to succeed in this game is to keep moving and hitting aid gas cans for healing while aiming and firing enemies by rotating the tower.
- There will be 4 tanks at once. After you destroy one, a new tank will be born in somewhere of the town within 10 seconds.
- To heal your tank, there will be totally 8 aid gas cans scattered in the town for you to hit and repair. After you consume one, a new one will be created somewhere of the town within 20 seconds.
- A cannon reload takes about 2 seconds for next firing.
- There is a challenge to control both tank moving and tower rotating at the same time. Good luck for perfecting your aiming and dodging control skills.
User interface - there are 3 circles on screen bottom:
1. Move: the left circle is for controlling tank moving: Left, Right, Forward, and Backward.
2. Fire: the middle circle is for firing the cannon.
3. Tower: the right circle is for rotating tower and cannon level for aiming: Left, Right, Up, and Down.
Notice: The view aspect always follows the tower/cannon direction so the tank direction is sometimes different from the tower/cannon direction. Please watch the hint of the moving directions on the ground for guidance.
The game used SIO2 game engine that utilized Bullet physics engine, open source Blender for 3D modeling, and hand-made particle system for fire and explosion visual effects. The foundation programming language are Objective-C, C, and C++ based on iPhone SDK provided by Apple Inc,. The artificial intelligence design adopted a bitmap-flooding and wavefront for pathfinding algorithm and used special tuned sight-avoidance for computer dodging with hit-and-run strategy.
There are four tanks at once. After the player destroys one, a new tank spawns somewhere of the town within 10 seconds. To heal player's tank, there are eight 8 aid gas cans scattered in the town. After one is consumed to repair the tank, a new one will be created somewhere of the town within 20 seconds. A cannon reload takes about 2 seconds for next firing. The enemy tank's artificial intelligence knows how to use flanking tactics or surprise attack strategy.