Tournament Cruncher - Advanced Poker Tournament Calculator (ICM)
- App Store Info
DescriptionAn advanced poker tournament calculator and analyzer to give you an edge in tournaments.
*** iOS 8 ready ***
1) An ICM (Independent Chip Model) calculator
2) A ChipChop calculator
3) A final table chop dealmaker - compare the ICM deal with the ChipChop deal (these are the two most popular ways of making final table chop deals)
4) An M & Q ratios and Bubble Factor calculator (M & Q ratios measure the health of your chip stack)
5) A push/call/fold ICM decision analyzer
If this app helps you make just one better final table chop deal, it will pay for itself many times over! We suggest using this app fairly and responsibly when making final table chop deals.
Start using Tournament Cruncher today to improve your tournament game and results!
"ICM Cruncher [Tournament Cruncher], which works great in combination with Poker Cruncher, is an Independent Chip Model (ICM) calculator that teaches you the math behind the correct decision to push, fold, or call."
Many more great reviews on our TwoPlusTwo forum thread.
(See our website for links.)
If you play poker tournaments of any kind, knowledge of ICM is essential for doing well especially as you get close to the bubble and into the money. This is especially true for small tournaments like Sit-n-Go's and satellites because you're in this situation very often.
Tournaments and cash games are very different as you approach the bubble or make it into the money. In cash games it's all about the chips. But in tournaments chips don't have fixed/constant value; you're trying to maximize your $ payout not your chips. This means you should *not* make decisions based on your chip equity or chip pot-odds (that's cash game thinking), but on your $ payout equity and $ payout pot-odds.
ICM lets you do this by "converting" the players' chip stacks to expected $ payouts. ChipChop is an alternative popular way of doing this. Tournament Cruncher gives you both ICM and ChipChop calculators.
ICM and ChipChop Calculators
* Up to 10 players, up to 10 payouts (some calculators handle only up to 9)
* Fast ICM algorithm
* Simple and clean one-screen design so you can see the whole picture easily
* Save/load up to 6 scenarios (e.g. save the payout structures of your favorite tournaments, save and compare a few scenarios for "what if" analysis)
* View and export-to-email calculation details including %age's and totals
M & Q Ratios (and M Zone) Calculator
Your M ratio (or M number) is a measure of the health of your chip stack in relation to the cost of playing each round. This ratio to a large extent determines how you should play with your current chip stack at the current stage of the tournament. Tournament Cruncher also shows you which *M Zone* you currently fall in.
Your Q ratio describes the relation of your stack to the average stack.
Bubble Factor Calculator
Bubble factor measures how big an ICM effect a given player has against another player. If your bubble factor is very close to 1, then there is very little ICM effect, and you can make decisions based pretty much on chip pot-odds (as in a cash game). However if your bubble factor is significantly greater than 1, then you must make decisions based on your tournament $ equity (your ICM equity), not just on chip pot-odds.
Push/Call/Fold ICM Decision Analyzers
Two ICM decision analyzers:
* Call an all-in or fold?
* Push all-in or fold?
App Store reviews are greatly appreciated, thank you.
Also please check out our companion app PokerCruncher.
What's New in Version 4.1Small UI improvements, mainly to ensure that the UI will be clean under the soon to be released iOS 8.
* Show scenario calculation details and all Help info. in full screens instead of in small alert views.
* A few internal changes/fixes for iOS 8, e.g. make sure that the “Done” button appears in the number input keypad on iOS 8.
* Move “Calculate” button to the right side of the main screen.
* Some other minor UI improvements, e.g., use a space in “Export (Email)”.
Thanks for your new app reviews. If you like Tournament Cruncher, please consider rating/reviewing it to support our continuing work, thank you!