- App Store Info
DescriptionQuestions? Problems? Requests? Please hit the support link below. Reviews are great, but I can't answer your questions there!
BackTrax now requires iOS 4.3 or higher, which means at least iPod Touch 3rd gen, iPhone 3GS, and all iPad models.
NOTE ABOUT LYRICS ON IPHONE/IPOD TOUCH: As it says when you first start version 2.0+, swipe right to slide the lyrics off the screen, and swipe left from the edge of the screen to bring them back. There are no buttons for this because it's cramped enough already for lyrics on those devices.
BackTrax is the best way to run backing tracks on stage from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. The built-in media player is clearly not built for this purpose, and if you've shared the frustration felt by thousands of other musicians out there, BackTrax is going to be a welcome relief.
* (NEW!) Displays lyrics stored in the mp3 files. (Note: BackTrax does not download or contain song lyrics, you must add them to your files in iTunes.)
* (NEW!) Custom media picker to preserve the dark color scheme and support landscape mode.
* (NEW!) Font size options for lyrics and song list.
* (NEW!) Displays song count and total running time for setlist
* Stops playback after every song automatically, or (NEW!) optionally continuously plays straight through your setlist.
* Volume automatically sets to 100% on startup (you can still turn it down if necessary).
* Single screen interface means no flipping between screens to start a new song.
* Dark color scheme minimizes the illumination it creates on stage, and it's less harsh to look at in the dark.
* You can select the next song without it automatically starting, even while there's another song still playing.
* There's no pause button, it's a stop button. That means you can preview a track, stop it, and know that it will still start at the beginning when you push play.
* It loads songs from your iTunes library, so you use the same convenient music sync feature you always have, no special file loading for BackTrax.
* Big, colorful Play/Stop/Next buttons at the bottom that are hard to miss, and it's hard to accidentally hit the wrong one.
* The song list displays the running time of each song.
* A progress bar and countdown timer let you know when the end of the currently playing song is coming.
* (Option) It can select (but not automatically play) the next song when the current one finishes.
* (Option) It can remove songs from the setlist after they're played, so you can work from a list of songs you haven't played yet.
HOW TO USE IT
1) Sync your backing tracks to your device using the normal iTunes music sync feature.
2) In BackTrax, hit the Load button (on iPad it's Load Songs or Load Playlist) to load the tracks from your iTunes library.
3) Select a song in the list by tapping it.
4) Tap the big green Play button and the selected song (highlighted in blue) will play.
If you have any questions, comments, requests or problems head to http://aisle4.com/support.html . Your feedback is always appreciated!
NEITHER THIS BACKTRAX MOBILE APPLICATION NOR AISLE4 SOFTWARE ARE IN ANY WAY AFFILIATED WITH THE RADIO PROGRAM 'BACKTRAX USA WITH KID KELLY', DIAL GLOBAL, INC. AND/OR ANY OF DIAL GLOBAL'S AFFILIATES, AND NONE OF THEM HAVE ENDORSED THE BACKTRAX MOBILE APPLICATION OR AISLE4 SOFTWARE.