Business Card Reader: scan, OCR contact information from visiting cards and save in contacts
- App Store Info
Description***** Winner of RISING STAR Award in the “Mobile Field Sales & CRM” category in the 2013 Mobile Star Awards *****
Seamlessly capturing contact information from business cards in 21 languages, ABBYY BCR is a powerful multi-function contact data management application which provides easy access to your contact details and supports export of CRM data to Salesforce.
With ABBYY Business Card Reader you can easily and effectively:
- Instantly transfer business card data in 21 languages right onto your iPhone "Contacts"
- Sync cards data across iPhone, iPad and iPod
- Save contacts in the CardHolder, a special archive with convenient search, sorting and grouping functionality
- Share business cards over Wi-Fi among all users of BCR
- Export new contacts to the Salesforce CRM*
***** by Neozenith
Clearly a lot of work has gone into making this app simple and easy to use. The OCR works well. 80-90% of what was scanned came through without a problem. So that is 80-90% of a business card I don't have to enter for myself but they go to the effort of highlighting parts in red that the OCR was unsure of. Smart. I can see why these guys are industry leaders in OCR technology.
The app is compatible with all iPhones starting from iPhone 4.
iOS 7.0 or higher is required.
•Forget having to manually enter contact details into your iPhone. Unsurpassed data recognition and speed, eliminate having to correct or re-key data, making creating new contacts easy and automatic.
•CardHolder, the app's archive, provides convenient business card search, sorting and grouping functionality.
•‘My personal card’ group in CardHolder allows you to save your own business cards in different languages and for different occasions;
• Sync cards data across iPhone, iPad and iPod to make cards database trouble-free, updated and accessible from all your iOS devices
•Save captured data as a new Lead directly to the Salesforce cloud CRM. Available as monthly and yearly subscriptions.
• Crop automatically cuts off all the background of the business card’s photo, making it looking like a real-life business card in the CardHolder.
•Extra images together with recognized business card. Save back side of business card or photo of cards owner in addition to the contact data in CardHolder.
•Text notes to cards easy to make, edit, look through and find.
•Quickly verify recognition results. The app highlights uncertain characters and displays the original image so that you can confirm or correct the app’s output.
•Forward recognized contact data via e-mail as VCard or JPEG files or via SMS as a plain text.
•Cross-platform sharing of captured business cards for all users of BCR (thanks to AllJoyn™ by Qualcomm Innovation Center Inc.).
•Find out more about your new contact on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedln instantly!
•Search in iPhone Maps for the address of your contact with just one tap.
•Always have your contacts secured. Archive and restore data from saved business cards to transfer to another iPhone or computer.
•Support of 21 recognition languages including recognition of multilingual cards:
- Norwegian (both Bokmal and Nynorsk)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
* Subscription allows one-tap export of contacts to Salesforce. This feature is available to Salesforce users with Professional, Enterprise or Unlimited licenses only. Contact Manager and Group licenses are not supported.
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your comments here. With any questions and suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOLLOW US on Twitter @ABBYY_Mobile
ABBYY Mobile on Facebook: fb.com/abbyymobile
What's New in Version 7.1• Easy contact search: sorting business cards by “First name” or “Last name” makes data in the Contact name field change accordingly.
• Better Wi-Fi sharing of cards with partners and colleagues thanks to updated Alljoyn technology.
• New intuitive design for business cards synchronization scenario.
Please leave a review if you like Business Card Reader. Thank you!