- App Store Info
DescriptionPlay the official trivia app from Sporcle.com and turn your iPhone/iPod touch and your iPad into an on-the-go treasure trove of trivia. Sporcle Lite features quizzes and games in geography, movies, music, and so much more.
Can you name the countries of Europe? Do you know all the US Presidents? Can you rattle off the names of all the Pixar movies?
Just launch the app to test your skills against Sporcle’s latest brain-teasing challenges. Sporcle is the fun way to kill some time or procrastinate while exercising your brain. You just might even learn a thing or two!
CHECK OUT OTHER SPORCLE GAMES
Badly Drawn Faces
MORE GAMES ON THE WEB AT http://www.sporcle.com
Be the first to know about new games, updates, contests, and more…
LIKE US on Facebook: http://facebook.com/sporcle
FOLLOW US on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sporcle
VISIT our Blog: http://sporcle.com/blog
What's New in Version 3.6.5- Stuck on a puzzle but want to figure it out? Use some of those hard earned tokens to get hints!
- Simplified navigation with removal of bottom tab bar.
- Some small optimizations and improvements because we love you.
Read on for more about this update
After all the work we’ve done to bring Sporcle up to the modern era, it is now time to start adding some fun new features that hopefully will make you love this app even more.
We’ve removed the bottom tab bar for navigation to simplify navigation throughout the app. Now options and search are easily accessed from the top nav bar. If you log in with your Sporcle information, it will show you your name on the bottom tab bar now. At this point, only your game plays are saved to Sporcle.com, however we intend to add more user focused features in the future. This will include things like commenting and also tracking your Sporcle addiction within the app.
Plus, since sometimes playing Sporcle quizzes can give you that “tip of the tongue, I know the answer but just can’t come up with it” feeling, we thought it would be fun to give you a few ways to help you master more games. These 100% optional helpers are the following:
1) Fat Finger Fix - For those times when you know the answer, you just can’t for the life of you figure out the right spelling. We’ve brought over the technology we created in the Badly Drawn games to accept answers which are close, but no cigar. You can now have the cigar.
2) Show 1st Letters - Often, you just need a little extra nudge for each answer, something to guide you to the right answer. With this hint, you are shown the first letter for every answer in the puzzle, helping you suss out the ones you were sure you knew but can’t think of just at this moment.
3) Show Answer Length - This handy hint will turn each unguessed answer into a Wheel of Fortune type answer, with spaces and all, bringing you just a little bit closer to the answer you knew you knew. Really great for movie and tv puzzles.
Coming up next we intend to add full iCloud support to Sporcle, so you’ll be able to coordinate your Sporcle addiction across all your iPads, iPhones and iPods. One seamless Sporcle mobile experience, coming soon to the Sporcle app near you.
As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome and appreciated. We love surprising you with newfangled features, but we also want to give you all that you ask for and more.
Good night, good work, sleep well,
Matt Ramme, aka Dread Pirate Roberts, HMS Sporcle.