Carboxylic acid - Ester and Salt Names - Organic Chemistry Quiz
- App Store Info
DescriptionCarboxylic acids and esters are one of the most important classes of organic compounds. They are everywhere:
* in food (citric acid; vinegar = a solution of acetic acid);
* in medicines (aspirin = acetylsalicylic acid);
* in fats (triglycerides are esters of fatty acids and glycerol);
* in plastics (polyesters);
* in biochemistry (transformation of pyruvate through the citric acid cycle);
* and even in ants :) (formic acid)
Learn structures and trivial names of 50 most important carboxylic acids and their esters and salts.
* Aliphatic saturated acids
* Unsaturated and substituted acids
* Di- and tricarboxylic acids
* Aromatic acids
* pKa values of all acids!