- Publisher: intranda software
- Genre: Health & Fitness
- Released: 19 Oct, 2008
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Price: $0.99
- App Store Info
DescriptionWould you know right now how to put someone in the recovery position? If your answer is “No” or “Not exactly”, this application should be of interest to you.
People needing first aid often don’t receive any help because others are afraid of doing something wrong. However, there is no doubt about the view of doctors and members of the emergency services, who point out that any help is better than none at all. “First Aid” is designed to help you follow the right procedures in a stressful situation or to support other people by giving them instructions. “First Aid” is based on illustrations and short texts that show you how to take the necessary action step by step and in the right order.
To do this, “First Aid” makes use of three basic functions:
1. Emergency call: once you have installed the application, enter and store the emergency call number for your area. That way, in the event of a serious accident, you will be able to dial it automatically straight away.
2. First aid: step by step, the application will guide you through the most useful action you can take in an emergency based on a series of decisions. If you are uncertain, you have direct access to a clearly illustrated, step-by-step tutorial, e.g. on the “recovery position”.
3. Tutorial: you have direct access to all the illustrated instructions to help you practise the techniques.
The application includes:
- Check if person is conscious
- Check if person is conscious (child)
- Check breathing
- Check breathing (child)
- Recovery position
- Recovery position (child)
- Clearing the airways
- Clearing the airways (child)
- Checking the pulse
- Checking the pulse (child)
- Mouth-to-mouth resuscitation
- Mouth-to-mouth resuscitation (child)
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (child)
- Rescue grip
- Removing a motor cycle helmet
What's New in Version 1.2- new Icons
- additional Guides (Insect bites, Drowning, Heatstroke, Burns, Scalds, Tooth loss after an accident, Amputation, Electric shock)