PokerCruncher - Advanced - Poker Odds Calculator
- App Store Info
DescriptionThe App Store's top Texas Hold'em odds calculator.
"... incredibly powerful tool ... must-have application." -- PokerSoftware.com
"... essentially functions as an advanced version of the PC’s PokerStove application." -- Bluff Magazine
Take your game to the next level with PokerCruncher, an advanced professional-level **hand ranges** odds calculator that goes beyond even PokerStove.
--> Super fast and easy to use for basic hand matchups.
--> Advanced features like hand ranges and Deal-To-Flop and flop texture analysis for serious strategy analysis.
Most poker odds calc apps are nowhere as powerful as PokerCruncher. Some don't even support random hands (let alone hand ranges), some don't let you enter cards for multiple players, some make an incomplete attempt at hand ranges, …
PokerCruncher is the full real deal, more powerful than even the PC's PokerStove application, and has a clean and easy-to-use interface.
Start using PokerCruncher today to improve your game and your results!
iPhone, iPad, and Mac(Expert) versions available
Many more great reviews on our TwoPlusTwo forum thread (400+ posts).
(See our website for links.)
Note: Tutorial on our website.
Our Tutorial gives thorough explanations of this app's features, which may help you get the most out of this advanced odds app.
--- Completely General ---
Up to 10 players, with specific cards, random/unknown cards, or hand ranges for each player. Dead cards, %age's or n:1 odds, …
--- Fully General Hand Ranges ---
Poker is a game of incomplete information; we need to put our opponents on **ranges of hands**. PokerCruncher surpasses even PokerStove's features, e.g. range equity breakdown heat maps and hand combo stats. Full grid of all 169 starting hands, top x% of hands slider, extensive built-in hand ranges, save/load and export/import hand ranges, select suits and hand combos (weights) in hand ranges, …
--- Deal-To-Flop and Flop Texture Analysis ---
--- Many Stats ---
Hand type stats (odds for making OnePair, TwoPair, etc.), flop hit stats, odds for flopping draws and combination draws, OnePair breakdown stats, …
--- Tutorial ---
If thinking in terms of hand ranges and flop texture analysis (techniques advanced players and pros use) are new to you, no problem, we've written a **Tutorial** to get you started.
Continual improvement for 5+ years: 40+ iOS version updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
+ Runs locally on device, internet connection not needed
+ Fast Monte Carlo simulation, complete enumeration for some common cases
+ Completely general tool, e.g. up to 10 players
+ Specific cards, random/unknown cards, fully general hand ranges, for each player
+ Generate random player and board cards to set up what-if and test scenarios
+ Dead cards
+ Fold/Un-Fold players
+ Save/load and export/import scenarios (hands) and hand ranges
+ %age's or n:1 odds
+ Clean and crisp retina card graphics
Please see the Tutorial for a full description of all of the features.
App Store reviews are greatly appreciated, thank you.
Also please check out our companion app "Tournament Cruncher" (ICM).
Regarding a few (incorrect) "odds are wrong" reviews on a few countries' App Stores:
The odds are correct, and have always been correct. It looks like some people don't understand the advanced Deal-To-Flop feature (which even PokerStove doesn't have), or have other basic confusions on poker stats. We wish they'd write to us instead of just leaving an incorrect review.
1) liljoe81 (USA App Store): You probably set Deal-To = Flop instead of the intended (default) Deal-To = River.
2) chrishpa (Germany App Store): The TwoPair: 38% stat in the app's 1st screenshot is correct.
Totally incorrect reviews like these hurt this app unfairly. If you like this app it would be great if you could write a review. Many thanks, -RJ
What's New in Version 7.2.1A big update:
1) New features:
* Main Screen: Long-tap a player’s card/range field to bring up the player’s shortcut menu. This new menu lets you do some important operations faster e.g. fold/un-fold a player, load a saved hand range onto a player (without having to open the hand range editor screen).
* Hand Range Editor Screen: New mode “bottom x% of hands” for the range slider (in addition to the already existing “top x% of hands” mode).
2) Improvements to existing features, e.g., flop hit stats. Details below.
3) UI improvements, e.g., to the main screen, stats view. Details below.
Thank you customer “A.M.” (initials) for suggesting most of the UI and hit stats improvements.
Thanks for your new app reviews. If you like PokerCruncher, please consider rating/reviewing it to support our continuing work, thank you!
2) Improvements To Existing Features
* Flop Hit Stats: Improve the definition/meaning of flop hit stats and Top/Middle/Bottom-Pair stats. For example, before, if the selected player has A2 and the flop is AKK (suits don’t matter), the selected player didn’t get credit for hitting OnePair (or TwoPair); now he gets credit for hitting OnePair. Now, he *makes* TwoPair, and *hits* OnePair in this case. He also gets credit for TopPair. Other similar stats and cases have also been improved/fixed.
* Tutorial: Improve the explanation of flop hit stats.
* Built-In Hand Ranges Screen: Don’t include pair cells in Broadway/Medium/Low selectors.
* Range Heat Map Screen: ViewDetails text: If a cell has only 1 hand combo then write that specific hand combo instead of the cell’s general name (e.g., write “AhKh” instead of “AKs”).
* Main Screen: Make complete enumeration calculations a little faster.
3) UI Improvements
a) Main Screen:
* Move Calculate button to the right side of the screen (more logical placement, gives faster app usage).
* Improved indication of the selected card/player:
- Show a border rectangle around the selected card (instead of dimming the card).
- Highlight the selected player’s number.
* Show dead cards (as text) in the status text area at the bottom of the screen (on 4” screens).
* Show calculation progress bar only while a calculation is running, not when it’s finished or stopped.
* In players’ range fields, use padding on the left and right sides of the range field so the range text doesn’t run up against the sides of the field/button.
* Align players’ Win and Tie values better.
b) Stats View:
* Highlight the selected player’s number/title.
* Show the selected player’s cards graphically.
* Swipe up/down to view the next/previous player’s stats.
* Swipe left/right to view the Page1/Page2/Page3 Deal-To-Flop stats.
* Move Hit/Make stats button into Stats View (instead of overloading the Stats button in the Main Screen).
* Use spaces in stat names for better readability.
* Write “0%” instead of “0.00%” for stats that have a value of exactly 0%.
* Write infinity symbol instead of text “inf” in the UI.
* Change some small-X-circle buttons to Done buttons.
* Move Done or Cancel button to the right side of the screen if it’s the only button in the screen.
* Improve some alerts’ button names, button left/right placement, and wording.
* Improve main help screen, e.g., add a section on shortcuts (double-tap, long-tap).
* Update the Tutorial: shortcuts, flop hit stats.