DC Essential Family Guide
- App Store Info
Description• Find the best family fun in the nation's capital •
Not just another Washington, D.C., travel guide touting the same old list of historic downtown attractions, Family DC features tips and recommendations for families and kids by local families and kids. Browse 140 entries and 1,350+ photos to find the best places to visit, eat, shop, sleep, and more around the city. Nancy Solomon of family-travel site CiaoBambino.com has reviewed this app, saying, "I loved the ability to search for restaurants right around your location... I even tested it in some of the suburbs and it identified some of our favorite places -– a good sign!"
•Why This App?•
Each year, Washington, D.C. welcomes over 15 million visitors, making it the ninth most visited city in the United States. Of those visitors, 40 percent of overnight guests and 56 percent of daytrippers had children in their household. Other apps might cover the city from every conceivable angle, but we've got you covered for those questions that only fellow parents can answer.
* Looking for somewhere interesting to eat after a hard day at the Smithsonian museums on the National Mall? Use this app to locate the best nearby eateries, the ones with stuff kids will actually want to eat (not to mention, some places that might even surprise them).
* Need somewhere to blow off steam or just explore that's not another tourist-mobbed monument or museum? Family DC will guide you to the most interesting family-friendly parks, playgrounds, and out-of-town escapes.
* Stuck for a quality, convenient hotel? Browse the area's top lodging based on the best amenities, location, and price for families.
•What You'll Get•
* 135+ family-travel recommendations, including useful Family Travel Tips, written by a longtime area resident who gives you his honest opinion about the best things to do around D.C.
* Photo slideshows with over 1,350 colorful photographs to give you a lay of the land before you go.
* Metro and driving directions with each listing, plus fully interactive Maps that let you browse based on your exact, real-time location.
* Entries organized by the best places to SEE, PLAY, EAT, SLEEP, and SHOP, as well as the top area day trips, free fun, and the author's favorite picks.
* Entries sorted by name, neighborhood, distance, and price.
* Get it NOW and you receive FREE upgrades and updates for life!
• About the Author •
Alistair Wearmouth became a D.C. transplant after moving to the area from the United Kingdom in 2001. Since then, he has explored the city, its attractions, and its suburbs both as a twenty-something newcomer and more recently as the parent of two young children. When not out testing slides, swings, and the area's best cupcakes, he works as an editor for Washington, D.C.-based travel website Away.com. Along with his work for the Away.com network of sites (including as Away.com's Washington, D.C., Family Travel Expert), Alistair has written dozens of articles for publications and websites including Backpacker magazine, The Washington Post, Orbitz.com, and Smithsonian.com. Follow him on Twitter @DCFamilyGuide to ask specific questions about family-travel to the D.C. area.
• About Sutro Media •
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.0- lots of new iOS 7 bug fixes
- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems