- App Store Info
DescriptionPicked as TUAW's first-ever App of the Day.
Save the world. One particle at a time.
Welcome to the world of Subatomic. The moves are simple: touch near the particles to push them away from your finger -- the closer you touch, the harder you'll push. The goal is even simpler: separate the red particles from the blue, guiding each into its matching Reactor Core. Generate matter/antimatter rocket fuel to help launch humanity's survivors to safety, while earning points to move you to the next level. To avoid a meltdown, just make sure the Cores don't run dry.
Sound easy? Sure it is. Until the radioactive particles start decaying. And the particles start to annihilate when you make a mistake. Before long you're dealing with particles pairing up, or rogue Reactor Cores drifting around the arena, or shifting gravitational gradients, or a menagerie of other unexpected hazards. That's when things start to get interesting. Just keep that zen-like cool and you'll be fine. The fate of humanity depends on it.
Subatomic is an addictively simple game of tactics and reflexes in a surreal microscopic world. Spend ten seconds or ten minutes at a time honing your skills in this physics-based realm where harmony and chaos are separated by a touch of your finger.
- 31 unique levels across 10 distinct zones
- Features Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Retina display support
- Brain-twisting Reality Modes for devices with cameras
- Original soundtrack by Bence Tasnadi
- Play against a background of Scanning Electron Microscope imagery courtesy of Jan Gräser, as well as the Alaska Volcano Observatory; the United States Geological Survey; and Dartmouth College