- App Store Info
Description25th Anniversary Sale!! Huge savings!! Ends next week!!
Contour, the award-winning story development system that streamlines the process of turning your movie ideas from first glimmer to full outline, is now available for iOS. Wherever you go with your mobile device, your screenwriting ideas can come with you!
Created by Emmy Award-nominated Jeffrey Alan Schechter, the Contour system teaches you how to use the same character-based structure that nearly all the Hollywood blockbuster movies use. This system is based on simple-to-understand principles and has been field tested resulting in millions of dollars worth of writing assignments and script sales. Start creating solid stories that hold together from Fade In to Fade Out.
"Jeff has an acute understanding of the kind of story structure that makes for successful movies. By analyzing blockbusters he extrapolates a story construction model that is surprisingly simple and universally applicable. And, best of all, it works."
Alvin and the Chipmunks
"Screenwriting is an art, and Jeff Schechter conveys both the craft and the soul of the trade. A gifted teacher, he provides methods which will help you both structure and elevate your best ideas."
Use Contour on its own or export it to your desktop version of Contour when you get back to your Mac. Either way, Contour has you covered.
Step by Step
With its intuitive, fill-in-the-blanks approach, Contour shows you exactly what elements need to be in your script, never again leaving you to wonder, "what comes next?" If you are a screenwriter, this is a must-have tool to tighten up your masterpiece.
The Contour System
The key to the success of the Contour system is the ability to break down a story to a simple structure. Using Contour, you will:
• Answer the 4 simple questions that shape most every screenplay in the top 50.
• Develop the single-sentence logline that lays out your entire script like a roadmap.
• Identify the 4 archetypes every protagonist moves through from "fade in" to "fade out."
• Lay out the 12 foundation beats of ACT ONE.
• Discover a system of breaking down ACT TWO that is so ruthlessly easy you will never get stuck on page 55 again.
• Craft the 4 final beats of ACT THREE that readers and audiences expect and that define your script as marketable and professional.
• Flesh out a main character and codify their motivations and behaviors.
• Quickly recognize archetypes which protagonists journey through in all the top movies.
• Go from concept to bulletproof outline in less time than ever before.
• Learn a flexible yet exact plot point and beat structure that works for all genres.
• Develop a compelling logline. Need Samples? Want to see even more samples of how Contour works?
Follow Jeffrey Alan Schechter's personal blog as he breaks down current screenplays in Contour.
What's New in Version 1.2.2Fixed iOS7 display bug with sharing screen.
Fixed iOS7 display bug with examples and tips screen.