Philadelphia Essential Travel Guide
- App Store Info
Description• Yo! A local's tour of the City of Brotherly Love •
From cheesesteaks to the Liberty Bell, this app has Philly covered. Whether you're in town with your family or your friends, the Philly Essential Guide will give you an insider view on the best museums and parks, restaurants and bars, historic sites and neighborhoods.
Written by an experienced journalist and travel writer, this app filters out cheesy attractions and focuses on the core sights that you'll want to see.
Among the features that this app offers:
* Honest, straight-to-the-point and independent reviews written specifically for this app by a Philadelphia-based travel journalist.
* More than 250 entries, including historic sites, hotels, museums, bars, restaurants, events, parks and transportation information.
* More than 900 full-color photographs to get you excited about your trip
* One-click website and telephone interface, plus GPS tracking to tell you what's nearby
* Offline maps, so you can plot your course without being connected
* Easy-to-use filters sort reviews by category, name, average price or distance
* Special categories for family-friendly attractions, Philly originals, historic sites, museums, restaurants, and the neighborhoods frequented primarily by locals, not tourists.
* Facebook, Twitter and YouTube links embedded in the entries.
* Ability to share comments and mark and save favorites
* Fresh, up-to-date content, with more new reviews and photographs being added regularly
Become a fan of the "Philly Essential Guide" on Facebook! Who knows, maybe your suggestions will make it into the app's next version. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Philly-Essential-Guide/111356242227129?ref=ts
• About the Author •
Journalist Chris Gray Faust is a freelance travel writer and is the former travel editor at USA TODAY. Her blog, Chris Around The World (www.caroundtheworld.com), won a Lowell Thomas travel writing award for best blog in 2010.
A former reporter and editor at the Philadelphia Inquirer, Chris owned a 100-year-old rowhouse in Philadelphia’s Italian Market, with two cats and her husband, photography enthusiast Don Faust. She loves keeping up with Philly’s restaurant scene, walking and biking on River Drive and exploring the city’s neighborhoods.
• About Sutro Media •
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - [email protected]
What's New in Version 1.7- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems