Jane Austen Collection (with search)
- App Store Info
DescriptionBest Collection of Jane Austen’s letters and other works (with search)
Jane Austen was an English novelist whose works of romantic fiction set among the gentry have earned her a place as one of the most widely read and most beloved writers in English literature. Amongst scholars and critics, Austen's realism and biting social commentary have cemented her historical importance as a writer.
Austen's works critique the novels of sensibility of the second half of the eighteenth century and are part of the transition to nineteenth-century realism. Austen's plots, though fundamentally comic, highlight the dependence of women on marriage to secure social standing and economic security. Like those of Samuel Johnson, one of the strongest influences on her writing, her works are concerned with moral issues.
To simplify Collection of Jane Austen’s works the application supports full text search within all included texts. This is very useful when you need to find a quote or information on a particular subject but don't know where you should looking for.
THIS APPLICATION CONSISTS OF SUCH JANE AUSTEN’S WORKS:
- Love and Friendship;
- An Unfinished Novel in Letter;
- The History Of England;
- A Collection Of Letters;
- The Female Philosopher;
- The First Act Of a Comedy;
- A Letter from a Young Lady;
- A Tour Through Wales;
- A Tale.
- Searchable concordance, search the complete works easily;
- Text resizer with a choice of 12 sizes;
- Automatically remembers last page viewed for each work;
- Option to double-tap page down or scroll;
- Landscape mode hides menu bar for maximum reading area.