Chronicle for iPad - A personal journal
- App Store Info
DescriptionIdeas, stories, and life’s events. Capture them in a journal that’s easy to carry and offers more than bound sheets.
Chronicle is simple. It's an effective way to start writing more, now. More importantly, the app protects what you write. Export your journal entries to read on your computer or share with others. You can also create backups and save them to other apps, such as Dropbox, Drive, and Evernote.
* NOTE for iOS8: When enabling a passcode, tap the on-off button rather than sliding the switch to the "on" state. The swipe-on gesture is causing a crash that will be fixed in the next update.
Take a break from your social network. Write comfortably and benefit from being able to find anything you wrote with built-in search. Search results include relevant snippets of text so you can easily find the exact entry you’re looking for.
Start keeping a journal or diary. Organize chapters for a novel. Jot down notes and ideas. You can always export what you’ve written for safekeeping.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
* "A great app - probably my favourite app on my new iPad actually. Thanks!" - Jennifer N. v1.1.3
* "This is a developer who cares about quality product and is willing to consider any feature and solve any problem." - rbart09 on v1.0.6
* "Be assured that even with zero changes, this app is a real winner and a bargain at that!" - DeborahJay on v1.0
* "This is an elegant app that makes journaling with the iPad a snap, pretty much any time anywhere." - chaletchic on v1.0.3
* "I love the ease of use and simplicity, it really promotes getting your ideas down quickly and efficiently." - Tim Thomas on v1.0.2
THINGS YOU CAN DO
* Distraction free writing in portrait or landscape mode
* Add photos and put them where you want. The text flows around them
* No limit to the number of photos you can put on the page
* Pick your font and font size just like you do in iBooks
* Customize the text color of your journal
* Adjust the date of your entries by tapping the date
* Resize and rotate photos. Tap to view a fullscreen, zoomable version.
* Customize your journal by picking a page color
* Fast search that provides context around keywords
* Support for Dynamic Type means text is never too small to read
* Extended keyboard makes it easy to insert timestamps into your writing
* Optimized scrolling; scroll back a whole year in a few seconds
* Option to password protect your journal entries
* Export single entries via email, with photos embedded
* Quick launch. Chronicle remembers the last entry you were on.
* Arrange your photos by dragging them; rotate with two fingers
* Autosave and undo while you're writing
If you need a way to organize your writing, get the Notebooks add-on with in-app purchase. The cover is styled based on your text settings within the notebook. You'll have unlimited notebooks that you can drag and reorder as needed.
Thank you for all of the emails with compliments and suggestions! Please consider rating the app or leaving a review.
If you have a problem or you're upset about something, the only way I can help you is if you contact me. Please try that first and give me a chance.
Please contact me at slidetorock.com with any questions or suggestions.
What's New in Version 2.0.0- Completely updated for iOS 8 (full support for devices on 7.0 also!)
- Your text now flows around your photos
- PDFs now include photos
- Tap a photo to view it fullscreen (tap again to hide toolbar)
- Support for Dynamic Type so all interface text is your preferred size
- Share and export to other apps
- Multiple journals with the Notebooks in-app purchase
- Undo support while composing entries
- Optional word count
- Year and month now shown in entries list
- Optional extended keyboard with helpful buttons and timestamp
- Reduced download size by 1MB
- Before updating, create a backup file, just in case. I can help with any issues you encounter.
Upcoming: the next update is in development. I'll be adding a backup option to the app settings (you can currently make backups from the notebooks screen).