- App Store Info
DescriptionYou are using your Quicken 2007 for Mac because you do not want to switch to the Quicken Home version. Now you can store and display your financial transactions on your iPad with the QIF Reader app. This iPad app displays transactions stored in Quicken Interchange Format (QIF) or CSV format. You can export your transactions from Quicken or financial institutions into QIF or CSV and then import it into the iPad. You can easily switch between multiple transaction files. The app can be generated a sample transaction file so you can test it. Saving, checking, credit card, cash and investment transactions are supported. The transaction files can be view by using iTunes file sharing or using Dropbox.
• For Quicken 2007 for Mac - Use the Export->Selected Items to QIF… option, check Transactions and select the accounts and range of dates to export.
• Citibank credit card - Account Activity->Download Statements, choose the available data and use the QIF option.
• Capital One credit card – Download, enter transaction range and choose the QIF option.
•Discover credit card – Recent Activity and Statements, Click download and choose the csv option.
•Chase credit card – Download Activity, select Quicken QIF format.
•iBank 3.5.6 - Use the Export… option, either the current account or all accounts.
•PC Quicken 2002 – File->Export QIF File, check Transaction, Account List.
Please be sure that the file exported has extension .qif or .csv (case insensitive). Samples available at http://www.hawkinnovations.com/HawkInnovations/QIF_Reader.html
• Use iTunes file sharing (instruction at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094) to copy the file to your iPad.
• Visit www.dropbox.com to set up an account. Set up Dropbox on your computer. Create a folder named Apps in your Dropbox folder. Create another folder named "QIF Reader" in Apps. Put all your transaction files in this folder. Go to the setting of the app, choose the Dropbox entry, login to Dropbox. You only need to do this once and your username and password are not stored. You can choose between the files on the iPad and Dropbox by using the on-off switch.
May not work for other versions of PC Quicken.