iDEX for iPhone
- App Store Info
DescriptionThe iDEX for iPhone application is an electronic Romanian monolingual dictionary: it defines Romanian words with explanations in Romanian of what they mean and how they should be used.
Based on the database from dexonline.ro, iDEX offers access to an extensive repository of word definitions.
- over 300,000 dictionary entries from different sources
- access to all of the included dictionaries without the need for an internet connection and without resorting to the web browser
- ease of use: just enter the keyword in the search text box and press the Search button
- update the dictionary entries from the dexonline server directly: look for the update button in the lookup options page
- user interface available in Romanian or English - you can go by the iPhone OS language setting or you can force the language you like in the Settings app, that will contain a section for iDEX
- send us feedback from the application: if you have comments, suggestions, requests, you can now forward them to us from the lookup options page
- informative status bar: it tells you when it's looking up words and how many results it found - it also displays a symbolic summary of the look-up options you are currently using
iDEX for iPhone also offers a comprehensive set of look-up options
- make your search accent-sensitive or accent-insensitive (no need to know the exact spelling of the word you're interested in: just enter "tara" and find "tara", "tară", "țară" and "țâră")
- simple ASCII shortcuts for Romanian diacritics (without switching to a different keyboard, type
a( → ă
a\ → â
i\ → î
t, → ț
s, → ș
- find words using simple DOS-like regular expressions with * and ?, or select from some presets
Starts With Keyword → entry*
Contains Keyword → *entry*
- order your results by entry, internal ID number, source dictionary or author (the volunteer that typed the text)
The dictionary application uses tons of information that the volunteers of the DEX online project have input. Thanks to them for their invaluable work, to Francu Cătălin for starting the project, and also to all the people that have contacted us or will contact us in the future to ask questions, give advice or suggest features.
This is the same app as iDEX Adware, but without the advertising banner on the look-up and detail pages.