Device Locator: Track and Locate Your Lost or Stolen iPhone + Google Latitude Integration
- App Store Info
DescriptionLojack for your iPhone or iPad! (On iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS and iPad 3G)
LONGEST RUNNING DEVICE TRACKER FOR THE IPHONE! DON'T PAY FOR A COMPETING APP THAT WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!
Keep a running log of your device's location history! If the phone is lost and out of battery or turned off, you will still have its last known location before the phone lost power.
This application can be used to locate a miss placed iPhone or keep tabs on a loved one. To track your loved one or locate your device, the app must be installed on the target iPhone.
Every time your phone changes cell towers, this application will turn on the GPS for 15 seconds and record the best location that your phone can determine. This location is then available online and can be viewed by logging into your account from any computer or phone that has an internet browser.
* NO MONTHLY OR YEARLY FEES!
* TRACK UNLIMITED # OF DEVICES
* Ability to sound an alarm on your device from any computer.
* Ability to send a message with sound to the device.
* Ability to TAKE A PHOTO of the user and request location update with a push message.
* The Photo is emailed to you right away!
* Ability to cache locations when network is not available to retransmit later. Great for camping or traveling around the world.
* Ability to record location on every cell phone tower switch.
* Ability to send location even when the application is not running or in the background!
* Ability to forward your location information to Google Latitude or your own service.
* Ability to lock the application from a web site.
* Ability to keep track of and graph your phone's battery life.
* Hosted on the Google App Engine. Provides unmatched stability, scalability and reliability. Other location services cannot match!
* Can show your locations on top of openstreetmap.org map tiles.
Unlike other applications, this application has been well thought out to provide you EXACTLY what you need to help you locate your device. Whether it is lost near by or stolen you have all the tools available. This application was developed with user feedback in mind. If someone has not asked for what you want we will do our best to meet your needs!
The application reports your device's location to a central server that you can log in to from your browser to track your device's location. This is done without decreasing your device's battery life or performance.
Once the application has been configured it will report your device's location every time your iPhone connects to a new cell tower. The application continues to report even after it has been closed and removed from the multitasking bar.
*NOTE* This application will report in the background ONLY on devices that support multitasking!
The application provides two forms of reporting: normal and emergency. When emergency mode is enabled your device will report back every minute its exact location. This will also reduce your battery life.
FOR WEB DEVELOPERS:
The service lets you specify custom URLs which get polled every time your device checks in with the service. You can use this feature to post your location in a blog or just to keep a long running record of your travels on your own web server.
This service is provided AS IS. No guarantees are made that this service will help you locate your device. No guarantees are made that the service will be available at all times.
Proper configuration is required to make full use of this service.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Continued use is only done when "Emergency Mode" is enabled.
Your feedback is welcome.
What's New in Version 1.0.2Changes in 1.0.2
- IMPORTANT: To meet Apple's restrictions, the time based polling service has been removed. The tower switch interval still uses the GPS to compute your location and is just as accurate as the old time based location intervals.
Changes in 1.0
- If the app is opened with a push message, it will take a picture of the user if front facing camera is available else it will use the rear camera.
- App will cache up to 100 locations that were not sent to the server due to network limitations and retransmit them when network is available. Good for camping and traveling.
- Redesigned app
- Ability to create account and request password reset built in the application
- Ability to view location history.