GeoAlert ~ gps location aware alarms for your iPhone
- App Store Info
DescriptionGeoAlert is a location aware alarm clock for your iPhone. Simply set a time range you want the alarm to be active, then set a location, and the next time you are near the location in the time range you will be alerted.
So, how can you use this?
* Next time you take a train or bus, set a GeoAlert at your final stop. Don’t be afraid to take a nap since GeoAlert will let you know when you are close to your stop.
* If you are touring a city, try setting a few GeoAlerts at some of its landmarks, museums, etc. Then as you walk through the city, GeoAlert will notify you when you are near a point of interest.
* Need to pick up milk next time you are near the grocery store? GeoAlert to the rescue!
* Wanna avoid certain areas of your city? Just set up a GeoAlert to be notified when you are getting close to undesirable areas.
* Runs in the background using iOS 4’s new multitasking features.
* Simple, easy to use interface and optimized for iPhone 4’s Retina Display.
* Easy on the battery.
* Search by address, landmark, business or public transportation stops.
* Choose how close you want to be to your alerts before they are triggered.
* Full Google Maps integration.
* Doesn’t require an internet connection except to enter new alerts (for the maps).
* Use either street or satellite maps.
* Integration with your Address Book so that you can set alerts at any address.
* A variety of sounds for alerts.
NOTICE: GeoAlerts runs only on the iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4 running iOS 4.
What's New in Version 220.127.116.11.2
* Added a proximity field to alerts so that you can decide how close you want to be to your specified location. Use this feature with caution! Due to the way location multitasking is implemented in iOS 4, regions with bad cell reception may not trigger an alert with a small proximity radius.
* GeoAlert now unregisters itself from location multitasking on iOS 4 in order to preserve battery life.
* You can now specify a short message with your alerts that will appear when the alert is triggered.
More features are coming soon. Please leave a review on iTunes if you enjoy the app, and as always you can email me if you have any comments our questions: [email protected]
Updated some missing artwork for the Retina Display.