Leave London Lite - Never Miss Your Last Underground / Tube or Overground / Rail Train Home
- App Store Info
DescriptionYou’re out in London. You don’t know where the night will take you but you know you can’t miss the last train home.
Leave London tells you exactly what the latest time you can leave almost any location in London is and still catch the last train back home. It even takes into account any changes you need to make and the time it will take for you to walk from where you are to the station.
This is the lite version of Leave London, which supports all the same route planning and journey finding as the full version, but lacks the ability to set reminders for when your latest train is or track you to keep your journey updated. It is also ad supported, unlike the full version.
FULL VERSION FEATURES
• Complete and accurate estimation of the last time you can catch a train to your destination, taking into account: walking time, any changeovers you need to make and any relevant line statuses and disruption
• Support for range of services including: National Rail, Underground, Overground, Tram and DLR
• Live route data from Transport For London’s (TFL) Journey Planner system; this takes into account weekend timetables, replacement bus services and any other disruptions reported
• Support for travel throughout the whole of Greater London and some locations even further afield
• Non-battery draining location tracking that invisibly updates your travel plan for each significant change in your location
• Flexible departure and destination types supporting: postcodes, poi’s (points of interest), stations and stops
• Walking directions from current location to nearest station
• Alerts and reminders when you need to leave and if your schedule changes
• Smart location aware GPS tracking that automatically switches off your reminders and location aware rerouting if you reach your destination earlier than expected
• Animating flip clocks showing time to leave and how much time you’ve got left until you’ll need to think about taking a cab or a night bus
• Built from the ground up with Apple’s iOS 6 maps; ability to jump to points on the map with arrival time at each stopover overlayed on the map including the time you’ll be home
• Advanced planning so you can find the last available route prior to travelling
• Comprehensive details of your itinerary showing tube line symbols and point to point arrival times
• Built-in hints system guiding you through the app’s functionality as you use it
Follow me on Twitter for the latest promotions, news and updates. @MarkBridgesApps
What's New in Version 1.6.1Hello Londoners
This version fixes an issue with daylight savings times.
The previous update was this.....
This update includes support for Apple Watch. If you're lucky enough to have one you'll be able to find and check the time of your last train home without having to take your phone out of your pocket. I might be biased, but I think that'll be incredibly cool.
If you don't have an Apple Watch then you'll still appreciate that the app now supports actionable alerts. When a notification comes through from the app you can now jump straight to directions to the station, stop future alerts and refresh your journey. Again very handy.