- App Store Info
DescriptionWalk through the Astronomy door and find yourself in space! Learn about the solar system and galaxies. iASTRO is a 3D educational app developed to supplement high school Astronomy. It is intended as a resource for students and provides a fun way to learn through interactive visualization.
- walk into space through the door labeled Astronomy and learn about the solar system and galaxies
- move between galaxies using the menu
- selecting 'back to home' takes you back to the solar system
- learn about the solar system and its planets by clicking on the planet of interest or select planets from the menu and choose from there
- while in the planet menu, selecting explore mode takes you to the rotating view of the solar system
- all content is VA Standards of Learning (SOL) content.
iASTRO was developed through a partnership between the Creative Gaming and Simulation lab at Norfolk State University (NSU) and WHRO Education. It is made possible by an Enhancing Education Through Technology competitive grant from the Virginia Department of Education.
iASTRO was developed by Norfolk State University project team:
Dr. Rasha Morsi, Bratislav (BaTo) Cvijetic, Cory Hornsby, and Michael Chase
WHRO Education project team:
Mitzi Fehl and Meagan Taylor-Booth
Real images of planets and galaxies were acquired from the NASA multimedia resource site: http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/index.html
SOL content was developed by VA educators through WHRO Education.
Research was conducted at the Creative Gaming and Simulation Lab at NSU.
Web: http://cgs.nsu.edu; Contact: [email protected] and 757-823-0025
CREATIVE GAMING AND SIMULATION LAB BACKGROUND
The Creative Gaming and Simulation lab (CGS) is a 3700 sq. ft. facility housed in Marie V. McDemmond Center for Applied Research (MVMCAR) at Norfolk State University. CGS specializes in Modeling, Simulation, Visualization, and Training Technologies (MSV&TT) research and development in areas that include game-based and interactive web-based applications as well as interactive training solutions for education, industry, and government.
[iASTRO is optimized for the iPad.]