- App Store Info
DescriptionThis app is a database of images from the US Navy, showing pictures of all active, commissioned ships (as of 2013). The images contained in this app are known to be 100% public domain.
Please note that this app does NOT contain detailed information for these ships (like length, year of commission, etc.) - for that, use Wikipedia.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all images. The top 100 images are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove images, and access items you added using My Images. If you find that an image that you'd like to add a more complete description to, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own images that you may have available.
- Rate images on a 5-star system. Once rated, the image is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button (in the "More" section)
- Mark your favorite images, and save them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any image to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your images, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any image in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- "View All" images for access to every item in the database.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one image to another, or use the previous/next buttons.
- Insert a textual comment about the image.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.