Stranded Without A Phone - Retina Edition
- App Store Info
DescriptionThis is the "Retina Edition" of "Stranded Without A Phone", the desert island survival game for the iPhone. A device with Retina resolution support is required.
You must use your survival skills to stay healthy and get rescued. Build shelter, find food and drink, and collect salvageable parts from the wreckage that wash ashore. Use the parts to build a space radio and call for a rescue team to win the game.
Search for natural resources, then use them to create other items using various combinations.
The Retina Edition includes several new features not found in the original game, including the ability to play as different characters, find and craft several new items, and multiple save slots.
- Familiar RPG-style inventory system.
- Over 80 different items.
- Randomly generated map with each new game.
- Day/night cycle.
- Boar hunting & trapping.
*** Reviews ***
Stranded is a well designed, fresh take on the iPhone RPG genre.
- The iPhone App Review
Overall I'm having fun with this game and am impressed with the whole setup/gameplay. Graphics and sounds are good enough. Presentation is decent. The game is interesting. A worthwhile game. I give it an 8/10.
Stranded is a unique addition the offerings in the App Store... The game's excellent graphics and sounds are noteworthy, and the controls are easy and intuitive to use.
- Game Itch
*** Hints ***
-Search dirt areas for small boulders to build a fire pit.
-Use coconuts as an immediate source of nutrition and hydration, but also find fish in shallow water.
-Boar meat provides the best nutrition and health.
-Search beaches often for useful items from the shipwreck.
What's New in Version 2.01- Fixed missing Rotten Meat icon.
- Fixed layering of sleep/main menu popout and inventory UI over ground item icons.
- Fixed crash that happened if you returned to the main menu while a container item is opened in inventory.
- Fixed injuries from crafting so that they lower health instead of raise health.
- Consuming a healing item now plays the correct sound effect.
- Lowered chance of jellyfish sting to 1/3 of the previous chance.
- Fixed bug that would let you shoot a boar even if you didn't have a bow and arrow.
- When lemon tree runs out of lemons, it is now removed from the mini map.
- Fixed a glitch that could prevent the Time Tiki from showing up on the mini map.
- Fixed memory leak related to items in inventory.
- Fixed game cleanup issue that could cause a crash when trying to reload a saved game during the same session.