Pixely: Pixel Art for Everyone
- App Store Info
DescriptionPixely is the easiest way to make beautiful pixel art.
"Dev is constantly updating and maintaining this app. Easy to contact him, with lightning fast updates on any issues encountered. With its current trajectory this will be one of the best sprite editors on any platform." - Review from Dr Review, US App Store
"I've tried quite a few pixel art apps and while some were good, none had been great until I found Pixely. It has a great interface and a really fantastic set of tools and the settings allow you to customize the app to your liking." - Review from @RickSantiago, US App Store
A feature-rich pixel art and pixel-level image editor made for everyone from the dabbling game art fan to the experienced artist and anyone in between.
-- A Flexible Workspace --
• Edit huge canvases up 1024x1024 on iPad 2/Mini, 2048x2048 for iPad 3/Mini 2 and up, and 4096x4096 on iPad Pro 12.9
• Adjustable canvas sizes let you dynamically increase or decrease the number of columns and rows, with or without scaling. Unlike other editors, when scaling up linearly (2x, 3x, etc.) Pixely will not distort your colors.
• Bookmark up to 40 colors per canvas (80 on iPad Pro 12.9) or create a palette of 272 colors
• Specify canvas background colors for reference or ambience while working
• Customize your experience with app tinting
• Helpful descriptions are available for every button and screen
• Undo/redo on each canvas, 1x-120x zooming, show/hide outlines, flip and rotate artwork, and more!
• A handy art viewer lets you preview your art enlarged or see it tiled; care has been taken to scale art proportionally, preventing distortion and unwanted color changes.
• Treat canvases as layers or animation frames. Making layered art or animated GIFs has never been easier!
• Also, Animators: Pixely supports onion skinning!
• "Mirror Mode" available for left-handed artists
-- Highly Portable Artwork --
• Load and save art files, which include bookmarked colors, from/to your app files and Dropbox, with support for folders! Oh, and you can preview your files as thumbnails before you load them.
• All canvases are auto-saved when switching apps, even the ones you haven't saved yet.
• Import images captured from your camera or from Photos
• Paste images that have been copied from other apps, such as Safari
• Import animated images (GIF/APNG) as frames and export them back out as GIFs.
• Export artwork, whether as PNGs or animated GIFs, to your app files, Dropbox, photos, email, Facebook, and Twitter
• Load, save, and export multiple canvases at a time
-- Create & Curate Colors --
• Pixely supports every color in the 16 million, 24-bit color spectrum with opacity
• Start simple… select your colors from 234 evenly spread presets
• Go pro… edit any RGB/HSB color using sliders and brightness toggles
• Stay consistent… create palettes of up to 272 colors that you can load, save, and share
• Import colors to get the exact shades that inspire you. Too many shades? Pixely will import a smart subset of them
• Quickly transfer colors from a palette to a canvas's bookmarks
• Game Devs: Easily create a less-colored 8-bit effect… Pixely can automatically color-reduce canvases to use only colors from a specific palette
-- A Dynamic Toolset --
• Drawing Modes: Create art using pencil, 8-directional line, rectangle, and fill tools, all with optional symmetry
• Shading (Burn/Dodge): Add or remove shading linearly or randomly
• Replace Color: Change all pixels of one color to another color
• Copy and Paste: Use any drawing mode to select pixels to paste on a canvas, which you can then choose to shift for precision. You can even paste as a pattern (great for dithering effects).
• Shift: Move your entire canvas around without copy-pasting
• Eyedropper: Change the current color by selecting one from a pixel
We love using Pixely and want you to enjoy it as much as we do. Please recommend any features or report bugs to [email protected], on Facebook, or @PixelyApp on Twitter.
What's New in Version 5.3- You can now choose to export all of the canvases that you've disabled if they happen to be the same size as the enabled ones.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when pasting and shifting.
- Fixed a bug where the canvas panel would automatically scroll after disabling a canvas.