Paris: DK Eyewitness
- App Store Info
Description**All information, maps and listings updated July 2012**
DK’s award-winning city guides for the iPad - The Guides That Show You What Others Only Tell You
Takes you straight to the very best of Paris, from the unforgettable sight of the Eiffel Tower and the rich gardens of Versaille to local neighbourhood restaurants and shopping in Parisien-style boutiques.
This fully updated DK Eyewitness city app will lead you straight to the very best your destination has to offer. Discover the city’s best shops and restaurants, explore unforgettable sights through revealing interactive cutaways, take a stroll following a beautifully illustrated city walk, plot your route on a map or simply enjoy sampling some of the finest food and drink in our up-to-the-minute listings section.
From DK Eyewitness Travel, the world’s bestselling travel-guide publisher.
• Beautiful cutaways of buildings that can be explored by tapping and zooming … an incredible new way to experience all of your destination’s star sights
• Complete offline maps for all the central districts of the city, so that you always have high-quality maps to hand, even when no Internet connection is available. And with a 3G-capable iPad you can also locate yourself on the map when not connected to the Internet (with a Wi-Fi only iPad, you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network to locate yourself on the DK map)
• Interactive city and park walks with “hotspots” that reveal extra information and pictures when tapped
• Build your own itinerary with the ‘My City’ feature
• Create a list of your favorite sights and pin them on a map so that they are easy to navigate back to whenever you want
• Extensive listings of the best sights, museums and attractions plus shops, restaurants, cafes and hotels, that have been completely updated
• See the best of the city by browsing through amazing pictures of your destination in the Gallery
• Share the information you want – whether a specific point of interest or even a whole itinerary - via email
"Unique detailed cutaways of famous landmarks, plus museum tips, city walks and galleries of the beautiful city” – The Sun
"It's no surprise that one of the most useful and appealing iPad travel apps to come along would be from DK Publishing. The company's Eyewitness Travel Guides long ago set the standard for visually oriented guidebooks, so it's the perfect match for the iPad's high-resolution display and intuitive design” – Washington Post
"The best new feature is a heart button that helps you personalize your trip” – New York Times