AudIOfy - Listen to news articles online
- App Store Info
Description~ Thanksgiving Sale ~ Offline Feed Level 5 is free until Dec 1, 2014!
Ever wondered how Facebook and other online news providers like Life Hacker sound like? Let me tell you, they sounds amazing! But don't take my word for it. Try it out yourself now! It's FREE!
What is it:
AudIOfy is the Internet News Radio of the Future. It reads aloud news articles from Facebook & Twitter channels like an audio book. It doesn’t just read Facebook status updates, it reads the content of the article associated with that feed.
Use AudIOfy to read aloud news articles from your favourite online news provider / blogger, such as CNN, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Bloomberg News, Science Daily, etc.
You can modify it into a great self-help audio book, learn more about Mother Nature and Science, get your daily dose on Finance news, or even turn it your daily health guide. Just find the topics that you like and AudIOfy it!
AudIOfy works best when you’re stuck in a traffic jam on the roads or when you prefer to listen to the latest news, instead of reading it (because your eyes need to focus on something else, such as driving, cooking, dining or working).
AudIOfy not only works great as a news reporter, but is also an excellent (and free) self-help audio book (when subscribed to the right channels like LifeHacker, Business Insider, Entrepreneur, etc).
Top 3 reasons to use AudIOfy:
1) Save time and update yourself with the latest news from your favourite news provider while driving, cooking or dining.
2) AudIOfy is much better than internet news radio stations because it uses less than 1MB of internet data per hour!
3) If you’re visually impaired, AudIOfy can easily enrich your life with audio news!
~ ~ ~ Features At A Glance ~ ~ ~
1) Reads news articles from news providers.
2) Supports Facebook, Twitter & RSS.
3) Compatible with many reputable news providers.
4) Uses less than 1 MB of internet data per hour.*
5) Supports 33 different languages, although English is most extensively tested!
6) Runs in the background so you can do other tasks on the device while listening!
7) Diverse Playback Control Options: Shake / Flip Phone, Voice Commands, Action Menus.
8) Start playback on app load (Specially designed for visually impaired)
9) Adjustable playback speed (25 levels).
10) Intelligently skips previously read news articles.
11) Stores Feeds for Offline Usage
12) Share Interesting Articles on Facebook with Friends and for easy access on desktop.
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- and many more!
* Less than 1 MB per hour for audio playback only and does not include browsing of feeds on the Home page.
Disclaimer / README:
1) Sound Quality is dependent on device speakers. Tablets and external speakers generally provide better sound quality. If you’re driving, you can connect your device to the car’s sound system. Alternatively, you can also use a set of earphones or Bluetooth Speakers.
2) AudIOfy works best with reading news-related articles and do not work well with providers that share information using videos or pictures.
3) If you’re using AudIOfy while driving, make sure you are driving safely and responsibly.
4) UrFamily Pte. Ltd. is not liable or responsible for any losses or damages as a result of the use of this software application.
What's New in Version 1.51) Shake Phone to Resume / Pause Playback (works only after initial playback has started).
2) Flip phone 90 degrees either way to Skip Current Feed during Playback
3) Fixed minor bugs