- App Store Info
DescriptionFREE for a limited time!
WordCompete is an addictive, but simple, word game for the iPad
A word game should be elegant and thoughtful. WordCompete is not like a lot of other games - no sounds or carnival gimmickry. Rather than annoy you with sounds -- you're probably listening to music -- we'd prefer a more elegant experience.
WordCompete has the following features:
- WordCompete offers two types of games - to clear the board (as long as it takes) or play as many words in the time allotted.
- The game now supports multiplayer games with your iPad: you can pass the iPad from player to player and compete against your friends. This new capability is great for travel with the family - pass the iPad and compete in a clear the board or timed game. Add named players, and keep track of their scores over time.
- WordCompete displays a grid of letters that can be dragged on the surface of the iPad.
- The game has a board of 192 squares, using the iPad's ample surface to create a large playing space.
- You can slide a letter to a position via some mixture of horizontal and vertical slides through open squares. If a letter is blocked by other letters, it cannot be moved.
- Points are scored by connecting letters to form words. Think of the longest words you can, and arrange the letters to play the word. Scores for longer words increase significantly.
- Some letters are worth more than others - there are highlighted letters with a bonus, and letters with a dark background that have a small penalty (but you still might want to play them).
- As you play the game, and you find you need just one letter - you can trade some of your points for a letter or two - but think ahead - the price in points of letters increases as the game progresses.
- In a timed game, if you clear a segment of the game surface, you will get new letters to play.
- We now offer limited Game Center integration - use WordCompete with a Game Center ID, and your scores are posted automatically to a leaderboard. (Solo games only.)
- WordCompete also stores your scores locally, so you can track how you are doing, and what interesting words you've played.
And we're just getting started...