Costa Rica Trip Ideas
- App Store Info
DescriptionInsider itineraries in your pocket
Let the author of the best-selling “Living Abroad in Costa Rica” be your personal guide to the country she loves: a jaw droppingly beautiful place bursting at the seams with wildlife and adventure.
A dream book and a planning tool, Costa Rica Trip Ideas is also a universal app, so you pay one price to get the app on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. With more than 1700 photos, over 180 entries, and 16 detailed itinerary ideas, this app makes it easy and fun to plan a trip to the safe and sane "Switzerland of Central America," where you can actually drink the water and live to tell the tale.
Get ready for your next trip of a lifetime!
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THIS APP
* Browse more than 180 entries, covering beachfront villas, jungle lodges, national parks and reserves, along with 16 detailed Trip Ideas, organized by theme (wildlife, yoga, surfing, sea turtles, tree houses, indigenous culture, birding, hot springs, volcanoes, etc.) and by trip length (like Hot Spots in 10 Days). Also enjoy greatly expanded coverage of the Caribbean coast!
* Easily sort entries by category, name, price, distance, or geographical region.
* Find what you want faster, using the app's global search, alphabet scroll, and hyperlinks between entries.
* GPS tracking tells you instantly what's nearby (when you're online).
* Access all of the app's content at anytime (including offline maps!)
* Buy now and get free updates! Even if the number of itineraries doubles and the app price goes up.
HOW THIS APP IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COSTA RICA APPS
* MORE travel advice and trip suggestions.
* MORE trip planning tools: descriptions of Costa Rica's eight major geographical zones, and dozens of entries on the nuts-and-bolts of traveling in Costa Rica — visas, when to go, driving the notoriously rough roads, flying by light plane, safety tips, and more.
* MORE offbeat suggestions: explore everything from Costa Rica's little-known pre-Colombian indigenous heritage to the burgeoning yoga and wellness scene.
* MORE of a carefully curated selection of the best this country has to offer (not just an encyclopedia of the sights everyone knows).
About the Author
Since childhood, Erin Van Rheenen has been fascinated by Latin America. She has traveled throughout Mexico, Central America, and South America, and has lived in Mexico, Guatemala, Ecuador, and Costa Rica. She has traveled around Costa Rica at least 15 times, often for months on end, by car, bus, boat, light plane, and on foot.
Erin is a widely published writer who has won awards for both her travel writing and fiction. She is the author of the best-selling Living Abroad in Costa Rica, has contributed to many other guidebooks, and her articles have appeared in a wide array of venues, from the Los Angeles Times to Internazionale (Rome). She was recently honored by having her essay “Up the Rio Frio One Last Time” included in "Best Women's Travel Writing 2011." She has been interviewed on CNN and CBS about Costa Rica.
About Sutro Media
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.0- lots of new iOS 7 bug fixes
- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems