3rd Grade Vocabulary Prep
- App Store Info
DescriptionThe most advanced vocabulary learning tool in the App Store!
3rd Grade Vocabulary Prep was designed to improve vocabulary skills in the classroom and at home:
• click to listen to a pronunciation of each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence
• study hundreds of vocabulary words at your own pace with guided step-by-step learning
• specifically appropriate content chosen at the 3rd grade level
• students can read through words and definitions as many times as they need for review
• word and definition quizzes are used to reinforce learning, ensuring that students understand each word in a section before they continue
• when they're ready, students can take the test to move on to the next level (they'll need to get at least 90% correct to advance)
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included!
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 3rd Grade:
• Acquire grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words
• Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic or subject area
• Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
"This is a helpful app for children going to third grade - they know how to spell, this helps to know the definition. Great app."
"Excellent app! This app for third graders is awesome for teachers and students!"
• customize which of your students need the audio turned on, or turn it on/off for all users
• students can click each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence to listen to the audio as often as needed
• students will be able to listen to each of the available answers in tests and quizzes before selecting their choice
• students are congratulated on a job well done, or will hear the example sentence repeated as a reminder if they answer incorrectly
• enter as many student names as you need
• just like a set of flash cards, any word a student gets wrong on one of the practice quizzes is returned to the "back of the deck" and will be asked again to make sure the student can answer every word in that section correctly
• email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
• password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
• take a look at the "Most difficult words for this student" list generated by the app to learn where students can still improve
• 4-digit student pin codes can be set as an option to prevent students from logging in as the wrong user
Word list includes:
& hundreds more!
*With practice you can achieve your best score!*
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
What's New in Version 2.0Thank you all SO MUCH for all your great feedback about our apps! Many of the new features in this update were suggested in emails and reviews from our amazing users.
- Audio is now available for each word and definition, as well as a sample sentence for every word
- Enter as many student names as you need and track which words are most difficult for each student
- Admin section is password protected, log in to look back over several tests and see if a student is improving or still needs help after multiple attempts
- Students will now show mastery of 10 words at a time before moving on to the next "level" of vocabulary
- Email out a summary of a student's progress
- Students can create a 4-digit PIN to personalize and protect their account
- Fresh new look! We hope you like it. =)
PLEASE keep sharing your thoughts and suggestions with us, and let us know if you ever have any questions!