Highlight by Cohdoo
- App Store Info
DescriptionShine new light on audio recording user research, interviews, lectures and more with Cohdoo Highlight. Simply start a recording, marking “aha” moments as you hear them. Break time? Pause and resume the same recording, adding more highlights. Later, easily review your highlights, add notes and share recordings with your team. Get your recordings out of the dark, let no dust collect on great ideas … Highlight!
Nielsen Norman “2012 Best Application Design" Winner
Never Lose Key Points ... or Eye Contact Again
• Start the recording and each time you hear something you'd like to recall, jolts you with an "aha", simply touch the screen and mark it. A highlight point will be added.
• Add as many highlights as you'd like.
• A little slow on making the mark? You can set the highlight to automatically shift back a few seconds.
• Take a photo while a recording, or add one after-the-fact during playback (iPad only).
Improve Your Listening
• Playback your recording in whole, or instantly jump to your marked highlights allowing you to quickly access key information and data.
• You can add more highlights in playback mode too.
• Variable speed playback: .5x, 1x, 1.5x and 2x.
Share the Good News
• All your highlights, notes and other recording data are stored within a single, small audio file, making it easy to share the “aha” experience.
• Send via email.
• Upload a recording to Dropbox.
• Open Highlight recordings in Box, Evernote, iMovie, Google Drive and more with support for iOS "Open In" feature.
• Copy to your desktop with iTunes file sharing.
• Play back recordings on a Mac, or PC with QuickTime.
Replay on the Big Screen
Using the Highlight Player companion app for OSX, available on the App Store, others can easily play recordings you send them from Highlight right on their desktop, allowing you to quickly spread key knowledge and “aha” moments to teammates and others throughout your organization.
Everyone Loves Highlight
“Cohdoo’s Highlight app is super slick. There is even a converter to move recordings to iTunes on Mac.” –Nick Finck, Blink Interactive
“I’ve been looking for something simple that I could use to ‘point mark’ my interviews for ages, and I’ve finally found it,” –Chris Butler, Ziba Design
“Enter ‘Highlight’, an iPhone app that does something and does it really good: Voice recording with the ability to highlight that “aha” moment on the fly!” –UxSoup.com
“Highlight changes my role in a meeting from a simple note-taker to an active participant.” –Billy Guldager, McAfee
What's New in Version 2.5.1Highlight 2.5.1
- Fixed issue with iOS 5.1
- Open Highlight recordings in Dropbox, Box, Evernote, iMovie, Google Drive and more with new support for iOS "Open In" feature.
- Start recording quickly with the new "start immediately" setting. Simply touch the "New Recording" button from the Home Screen and Highlight will begin recording.
- Recording library summary on iPhone/iPod Touch Home Screen displaying total recordings, total time recorded and total highlights.
- Minor bug fixes