Booksy: Learn to Read Platform for K-2
- App Store Info
DescriptionFeatured in the New York Times article "Learning to read with tablets" on 8/23/13!
Booksy is a learning-to-read platform for young kids. It is designed from the ground up to help young children, Pre-K through 2nd grade, practice and develop their reading skills. This edition comes with two FREE books.
Booksy is at its heart a library of age appropriate level-readers We believe kids WANT to read when to give them fascinating and interesting books. That is why we partnered with experts to create books on topics kids will love. They will not only dive into reading, but with our nonfiction series also learn.
But BOOKSY is so much more. It has amazing features that make learning to read simple and fun. And, it includes powerful tools for parents and teachers to track kids' progress.
***NOTE: You can reinstall books using "Manage Purchases" option in the Booksy Bookstore. We are always happy to help you out. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. ***
Think of it as training wheels for books. It gives kids independence and security while providing help and support.
Watch them glow with pride as they are able to read by themselves, earn stars, awards and trophies while learning about great science topics.
• Kids can tap on ANY word to have it read out loud. Not just the whole page, but the words they find difficulty.
• Adults can track kids' progress in the Parental Dashboard
⁃ Know which words need reinforcement
⁃ Learn how long they take to read each book
⁃ Receive emails with recordings of their reading efforts (optional)
• Awesome content: level-readers on science topics—not just of literacy, but of science literacy!
⁃ Written by experts and PhDs
⁃ Beautiful full-color images and illustrations
⁃ Appropriate word count for beginning readers
⁃ Books are only $0.99 (USD)!
• Stars, awards and trophies keep kids engaged and coming back for more. Kids get:
⁃ Stars for every book they finish
⁃ Awards for reading all the books
⁃ Awards for reading everyday
⁃ Awards for taking the reading comprehension quizzes
• Simple in-app bookstore to satisfy kids' curiosity and reading voracity.
• Quizzes foster not just mechanics of reading but content comprehension.
• Up to 3 users can be tracked in this editions (School Edition coming within weeks!)
This FREE edition includes two complete books:
• Humpback Whales! Level 1 Reader (250-300 words)
by Mya Thompson, PhD from Cornell University
• Hello Bunny! Level 0 Reader (50-100 words)
Booksy Books now available for in-app purchase:
LEVEL 1 (150-300 words, simplified structures, for readers who are beginning to venture into reading on their own)
• Exploring Mars!
• Emperor Penguins!
• Solar System!
• In a Jam!
LEVEL 0 (50-150 words, repetitive structures and words for kids who are just starting to read)
• Pocket Animals
• Animal Colors
• Counting Robots
• All kinds of Fun: The Mc Penguin Brothers
• Mr. Talbot's vacation
• Animal Orchestra
• The Four Seasons!
More Books coming soon to Booksy Bookstore.
Also, check out our app for learning to write: iDiary for Kids: a journalling platform.
Learning Fun. Fun Learning.
What's New in Version 2.2Fixed bugs.
Added Child Fences.