Poisoning and Drug Overdose
- App Store Info
DescriptionAn instant-answer guide you can turn to for on-the-spot treatment of poisoning and drug overdose
Poisoning & Drug Overdose, Sixth Edition delivers critical information on effective diagnosis and treatment of drug-related emergencies and chemical exposures.
Divided into four sections:
* Section I covers initial emergency management, including treatment of complications; physical and laboratory diagnosis; and decontamination and enhanced elimination procedures
* Section II provides detailed information on 150 common drugs and poisons
* Section III describes the use of antidotes and therapeutic drugs to treat poisoning
* Section IV describes the medical management of chemical and occupational exposures, with a table of more than 500 industrial chemicals
Poisoning & Drug Overdose, Sixth Edition is enhanced by numerous tables, charts, and a comprehensive index featuring generic, chemical, and brand names, making it an essential resource for anyone responding to drug-related emergencies and chemical exposures.
“Poisoning & Drug Overdose belongs in every emergency physician’s workroom.”
--Academic Emergency Medicine reviewing earlier edition
“…a great addition to any emergency department library when rapid reference is needed to treat and diagnose the poisoned patient.”
-- Annals of Emergency Medicine reviewing earlier edition
The Poisoning and Drug Overdose is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Colorful and feature-rich user interface with faster and easier word access
* Customizable two-pane user interface (for iPad)
* Quick search of terms while you type
* Table of contents for fast navigation in the different sections of the title
* Hyperlinks between terms and articles
* Ability to change the font size in the term definitions
* Favorites - you can create your own lists of favorite items and organize them in groups
* History of last visited terms and articles
* Fast article scrolling
* No connection to the Internet required - you can use the dictionary on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch without connecting to the Internet and with no additional charges
* Daily term feature to help you memorize a term each day
Can’t find the word you are looking for? Three kinds of filters will help you locate that elusive word.
* Fuzzy filter – used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword – used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card – “?” and “*” replace a letter and group of letters in words to broaden your search
What's New in Version 5.0.7* Colorful and feature-rich user interface with faster and easier word access.
* Customizable two-pane user interface (for iPad).