Christmas Radio HQ
- Publisher: Information Security Center Ltd.
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 8 Dec, 2011
- Size: 26.6 MB
- Price: $2.99
- App Store Info
Description"Christmas Radio HQ" is a modern internet radio receiver, which will enable you to listen to numerous Christmas internet radio stations from all over the world. Enjoy now with "Christmas Radio HQ"!
Christmas or Christmas Day is an annual holiday generally celebrated on December 25 by billions of people around the world. It is a Christian feast that commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ, liturgically closing the Advent season and initiating the season of Christmastide, which lasts twelve days. In much of the world's nations Christmas is a civil holiday, is celebrated by an increasing amount of non-Christians, and is an integral part of the Christmas and holiday season.
The precise day of Jesus’ birth, which historians place between 7 and 2 BC, is unknown. In the early-to-mid 4th century, the Christian Church in the West first placed Christmas on December 25, a date later adopted also in the East. Theories advanced to explain that choice include that it falls nine months after the Christian celebration of the conception of Jesus, that it was the date of the Roman winter solstice, or of some ancient winter festival.
In the present century there is a difference of 13 days between the Julian Calendar and the more generally used Gregorian Calendar. Those who use the Julian calendar or its equivalents thus celebrate December 25 and January 6 on what for the majority of people is January 7 and January 19. For this reason, Ethiopia celebrates Christmas, both as a Christian feast and as a public holiday on what in the Gregorian Calendar is January 7.
* No banners, No advertising;
* Simple, quick and easy-to-use interface;
* Users can search for radio stations by genre or name;
* Users can search for genres/countries/radio stations in A-Z index or by keyword or part of keyword(s) in the entire database;
* Users can see locations of the radio listeners who use this app for the last 24 hours;
* Users can move to the page where they can buy "iTunes Top Songs" and "iTunes bestselling albums";
* Users can add radio stations to 'Favorites';
* Users can sort radio stations in "Favorites" by country, genre or name;
* Users can search for radio stations in "Favorites" by country, genre or name;
* Users can view title of the songs are being played and have been played (for the most of mp3 and acc/aac+ streams);
* Users can find and view lyrics of songs which are being played and have been played.
* Users can find the song (which are being played and have been played) in iTunes;
* The application can work in the background;
* Automatic updates of radio stations database;
* Automatic reconnect on loss of connection;
* Automated checking of audio streams' availability (users are provided with accessible audio streams only);
* High quality of sound.
* Share on Twitter function;
* Share on Facebook function;
* Tell a friend function;
* Feedback function;