Booksy: School Edition. Learning to Read Platform k-2
- App Store Info
DescriptionBooksy is a learning-to-read platform for young kids. Featured in the New York Times!
THIS IS A SPECIAL SCHOOL EDITION.
It is designed from the ground up to help young children, Pre-K through 2nd grade, practice and develop their reading skills. This edition comes with 27 books.
Booksy is at its heart a library of age appropriate level-readers. But it is so much more. Booksy has amazing features that make learning to read simple and fun. And, it includes powerful tools for teachers to track students' progress.
For schools that purchase their apps via the Volume Purchase Program, this allows you to purchase the content "upfront" and avoid the in-app purchase method and taxes.
Think of it as training wheels for books. It gives kids independence and security while providing help and support.
Watch them glow with pride as they are able to read by themselves, earn stars, awards and trophies while learning about great science topics.
Booksy School Edition features:
• Kids can tap on ANY word to have it read out loud. Not just the whole page, but the words they find difficult.
• Adults can track kids' progress in the Teacher Dashboard
⁃ Know which words need reinforcement
⁃ Learn how long they take to read each book
⁃ Receive emails with recordings of their reading efforts (optional)
• Awesome content: level-readers on science topics—not just of literacy, but of science literacy!
⁃ Written by experts and PhDs
⁃ Beautiful full-color images and illustrations
⁃ Appropriate word count for beginning readers
• Stars, awards and trophies keep kids engaged and coming back for more. Kids get:
⁃ Stars for every book they finish
⁃ Awards for reading all the books
⁃ Awards for reading everyday
⁃ Awards for taking the reading comprehension quizzes
• Simple in-app bookstore to satisfy kids' curiosity and reading voracity.
• Quizzes foster not just mechanics of reading but content comprehension.
• Up to 30 users can be tracked in this edition.
This school edition includes 27 complete books:
LEVEL 0 (50-150 words, repetitive structures and words for kids who are just starting to read)
- Pocket Animals
- Hello Bunny!
- Counting Robots: one to ten
- Mr. Mr. Talbot's Vacation: Turtle Adventures
- All Kinds of Fun: The McPenguin Brothers
- Animal Colors
- Days of the Week
- The Four Seasons
- Animal Orchestra
LEVEL 1 (250-350 words, simplified structures, for readers who are beginning to venture into reading on their own)
- Humpback Whales!
- Emperor Penguins!
- Solar System!
- In a Jam!
- Exploring Mars
- The Ojibwe
- The President of the U.S.
- Rhymes & Poems 1
LEVEL 2 (350-500) words
- Thomas Jefferson and the Declaration of Independence
- The Pilgrims and the First Thanksgiving
Learning Fun. Fun Learning.
What's New in Version 1.2Christmas is coming early this year. Please enjoy from your friends at Tipitap 13 New Books for free :-)
iOS 6 bug fixes.
iOS 7 Support