- Publisher: Hachette UK (LBS)
- Genre: Health & Fitness
- Released: 6 Mar, 2012
- Size: 23.5 MB
- Price: $0.99
- App Store Info
DescriptionBuild your own sessions, record your progress and remind yourself of excercises. My Pilates Guru is the ultimate instructor.
Welcome to the My Pilates Guru app. This is a unique application that works in conjunction with the My Pilates Guru book to give you a complete health package. With this app you'll be able to:
* View all the exercises from the book
* Create, save and adapt your own sessions
* View and adapt pre-loaded sessions
* Monitor your activity and progress
From the Main Menu, select 'Explore Exercises'. Here you will find all the exercises listed in alphabetical order. There are over 80 in all. You can search in five different ways:
1. Simply viewing all the exercises.
2. Look for those exercises that are good for certain aspects, such as 'warming up' or 'joint mobility'.
3. Select positions by level of difficulty – as with the book there are four different levels: Basic, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.
4. View your favourites.
5. Look at those you've recently viewed.
You'll see that the exercises are colour-coded according to level of ability. Within each exercise you'll be given an explanation of what it's good for, related exercises and a brief overview of what's involved. By tapping on the image you’ll be able to enlarge the images.
NOTE: For instruction on how to do each exercise please refer to the book. The images here are provided as an aide-mémoire only.
Many images have tips that remind you of key things you should bear in mind when exercising. Tips are indicated by a speech-bubble icon in the bottom right-hand corner. On occasion, you'll also see a 'Common mistakes' tab. This will remind you of the usual errors you need to avoid when doing this exercise.
At the top of the screen there are three icons:
'add' – puts the exercise into a session (see below).
'favourite' – marks the exercise as a favourite. Favourites can be viewed from the Exploring Exercises screen.
'share' – allows you to share exercises on a social network or via email.
Building your sessions
Key to your My Pilates Guru experience is the ability to use the app to build sessions. You can build your own sessions or access those that are in the book.
The 'Sessions' tab will take you through to a screen with three options:
* 'Suggested Sessions' – these are the exercise routines found in the back section of the book. These are specially designed by the author for particular focus on different elements, such as abdominals, better posture or an evening wind down. There are three different time bands for each: 15-, 30- and 45-minute sessions.
* 'My Session' – allows you to build your own bespoke sessions (see below).
* 'All Sessions' – allows you to view all the sessions you have adapted.
Advice on building your exercise sessions can be found in the book.
Tracking your progress
The My Pilates Guru app also records your activities in the 'My Results' section of the Main Menu. Here you'll be able to see which exercises and sessions you've done and what they've been good for. This is a useful tool for enabling you to balance your workouts and achieve a good all-round exercise regime.
You'll also be able to monitor your progress by entering your weight and height from which it will calculate your Body Mass Index. Adding your weight to this screen regularly will enable you to monitor changes.
The My Guru package is easy to navigate and incredibly useful for anyone who wants Pilates advice wherever they are.
Enjoy the My Guru experience and a new, healthier, you.
About My Gurus
At present there are 2 titles in the My Guru series of books and apps:
* My Pilates Guru book and My Pilates Guru app
* My Yoga Guru book and My Yoga Guru app