Clinicians Pocket Drug Reference 2012
- App Store Info
DescriptionEverything you need to know when prescribing and administering 1,000 of the drugs most often used in medical practice
The Scut Monkey Drug Manual!
•Organized alphabetically by generic drug name
•Common uses, mechanisms of action, dosages (adult and pediatric), precautions/contraindications, form supplied, and notes/common side effects
•Summaries of the FDA’s “Blackbox” precautions and contraindications
•Includes a listing of the medications organized by drug classification
•Covers natural and herbal agents
•Updated to reflect new drugs, removal of drugs taken off the market, new formulations, and changes in approved use of existing medications
Leonard Gomella, MD is Chair of Urology at Thomas Jefferson University Medical College. He is nationally known, especially for his collection of very useful, highly clinical books, such as the great 'Scut Monkey' Handbook and the On Call series of clinical manuals.
Steven Haist, MD is likewise well known. He is Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program, University of Kentucky School of Medicine. Dr Adams is a pharmacist at the University of Kentucky.
Aimee Adams, PharmD is affiliated with the University of Kentucky Medical Center, Kentucky Clinic, Chandler Medical Center in Lexington, KY.
The Drug Guide is powered by the MSDict technology especially enhanced for MSDict is enhanced for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and packed with great features.
* Colorful and feature-rich user interface with faster and easier word access
* Customizable two-pane user interface (for iPad)
* Quick search of terms while you type
* Table of contents for fast navigation in the different sections of the title
* Hyperlinks between terms and articles
* Ability to change the font size in the term definitions
* Favorites - you can create your own lists of favorite items and organize them in groups
* History of last visited terms and articles
* Fast article scrolling
* No connection to the Internet required - you can use the dictionary on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch without connecting to the Internet and with no additional charges
* Daily term feature to help you memorize a term each day
Can’t find the word you are looking for? Three kinds of filters will help you locate that elusive word.
* Fuzzy filter – used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword – used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card – “?” and “*” replace a letter and group of letters in words to broaden your search