- App Store Info
Description"It’s kind of like the Garage Band of coding." – Wired
"[Codea] for iPad is a super slick way to write and run programs on your iPad." – Gizmodo
Codea lets you create games and simulations — or just about any visual idea you have. Turn your thoughts into interactive creations that make use of iPad features like Multi-Touch and the accelerometer.
We think Codea is the most beautiful code editor you'll use, and it's easy. Codea is designed to let you touch your code. Want to change a number? Just tap and drag it. How about a color, or an image? Tapping will bring up visual editors that let you choose exactly what you want.
Codea is built on the Lua programming language. A simple, elegant language that doesn't rely too much on symbols — a perfect match for iPad.
Here's how you use it: type your code. Press play to watch it run. Interact with it. Get creative.
• A full featured vector graphics and image renderer lets you prototype what you can imagine
• Lots of fantastic example projects to learn from, including games and simulations
• Generate random retro-game sound effects to use in your creations
• Touch your code: tap numbers, colors and images to adjust them
• Complete in-line reference documentation accessible from the keyboard
• Intelligent auto-completion suggests keywords and functions
• Cameras: use the live camera stream in your games and projects
• Import your own assets from Dropbox, photos, and more
• A fully featured physics engine for complex motion
• Add parameters to your simulation or game interface so you can tweak variables at runtime
• Interact with the accelerometer and multi touch on your device
• Video recording: Record videos of your projects and share them!
• Codea renders your code with beautiful syntax highlighting
• Codea can render 3D graphics
• GLSL Shader Language support with built-in shader editor.
• Full support for the new iPad Retina display.
➤ Full App Store apps can now be made with Codea. Just touch-and-hold your project and choose "Export"
➤ If you need help or wish to get in contact with us, please use the support link on this page.
What's New in Version 1.5.2NEW FEATURES
Export straight to Xcode from Codea. The new export feature lets you easily take your projects into Xcode on a Mac — turning your Codea projects into native iOS applications.
Just touch-and-hold your project, then choose "Export" to get started.
• Adds swipe left/right editing gestures to Shader Lab
• Deleting the currently open shader now closes the shader
• You can tap outside the shader picker to close it
• Camera images are flipped, no longer requires UVs to be flipped when rendering camera texture through a shader
• Fixed vec3/4 constructors getting turned into vec2 in the bindings tab when interacting with the vector popover in the Shader Lab
• Fixes a crash that could occur when typing a closing brace into some function arguments
• Fixed clip() when used in recording
All the great new features from Codea 1.5.