Cell Storming - Media driven Mind Mapping, Brainstorming, and Idea Generation
- App Store Info
DescriptionCell Storming is a unique mind mapping app that uses media for laying out thoughts and ideas.
With Cell Storming you create mind maps (cell maps) by connecting hexagonal cells together and then adding media elements to these cells. You can add images, videos, voice memos, text, and web links to each cell on the map, which can then be viewed when browsing your cell map later on.
New to v1.50 is the ability to connect cells to other cell maps which enables the creation of multi-level hierarchical cell maps! This new linking functionality even extends to the flow media exports where any linked cell maps are examined for content (images, videos, audio) for exporting with their parent cell map(s).
>> MANAGING CELL MAPS
Cell Maps are easily accessible from the home screen by browsing thumbnail images showing the latest state of each map.
Extensive export options enable you to share cell maps (including their media elements) with other Cell Storming users. Or you can generate images and PDFs of your cell maps for non-users. Dropbox support is built-in along with email and iTunes document sharing.
Cell Maps can also be printed via an AirPrint compatible printer.
>> PRESENTING CELL MAPS
Cell Storming features Screen-casting functionality that allows you to present cell maps on your device to other local devices by sending what is displayed on your screen to the other devices (using local networking via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth).
Or use any of the many included export options to generate presentation videos, slides, documents, or movies.
>> CELL STORMING PRO
Upgrade to the Pro version of Cell Storming via an In-App Purchase and access additional “Flow Export” functions that can generate and export media files defined by how your cell map flows (using connection arrows from cell to cell). Flow exports include text, audio, movies, image slides, and presentation video generation.
You can watch an example Flow Presentation Video created from Cell Storming Pro on YouTube here:
Use Cell Storming to map new ideas, document existing processes and entities, or use the media capture features to record events as they happen.
>> CELL STORMING IN THE CLASSROOM
- Present themes and observations using media elements captured in cell maps.
- Set interactive tasks or games for students that require them to explain ideas through media or patterns.
- Use the screen-casting feature to observe how students are progressing with their tasks.
- Students can present their resulting cell maps using the flow presentation video export feature, or generate audio commentary files from voice memos recorded in cells. (* after upgrading to Pro version).
>> FURTHER INFO
Visit the Facebook page to leave comments or request new features you'd like to see in Cell Storming in future updates:
I would like to thank all users that have kindly left feedback in the App Store and the Cell Storming Facebook page. Please note that I am unable to reply to reviews left in the App Store, so if you are experiencing problems or have any queries about Cell Storming, please leave feedback on the Facebook page (accessed from the home screen in the App).
Thank-you for your support.
What's New in Version 1.50New Features
- Cell map linking implemented - link cells to other cell maps.
- Flow exports updated to support cell map linking.
- New option to export linked cell maps as a group.
- New tutorial video "Linking cell maps together" included to highlight cell map linking functionality.
- Greatly improved Flow video processing that supports much larger cell maps.
- New cell state implemented that allows cells to exist as text labels on the cell map.
- Dropbox export failures now prompt user if they would like to save to the iTunes document folder instead.
- Export option menus now redesigned to group similar exports into different menus.
- Screencast window positioning fixed for iOS 8.
- Tutorial video display fixed for iOS 8.
- Flow presentation video start and end titles changed.
- Changes to the flow text and flow titles exports to create better formatted text files.
- OPML file export no longer fails for cell maps with cells that have the passthrough arrow state.
- Deleting cells now deletes the associated video file for the cell (if one exists).