Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture
- App Store Info
DescriptionThe premier illustrated architectural dictionary, Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture, features 8,000 definitions, 4,000 illustrations, and biographies of hundreds of architects accompanied by classic examples of their work. This new, full-color edition includes terms relating to green, ecological, and sustainable architecture. Everything critically important to those in the field of architecture and design is covered, including:
* Architectural styles
* Building elements
* Architectural forms
* Building systems
* Green building
Meticulously written, heavily cross-referenced, and filled with more than 3,000 new and updated definitions and 1,000 new photographs, this impressive visual resource is the best way to gain a full understanding of architectural elements and the new language of green and sustainable architecture.
Ernest Burden is an architect and consultant specializing in media and marketing strategies. He is the author of many books on design and presentation, including Entourage, now in its fifth edition.
The Illustrated Dictionary of Architecture is powered by the MSDict dictionary engine.MSDict is enhanced for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and packed with great features.
* Colorful and feature-rich user interface with faster and easier word access
* Customizable two-pane user interface (for iPad)
* Quick search of terms while you type
* Table of contents for fast navigation in the different sections of the title
* Hyperlinks between terms and articles
* Ability to change the font size in the term definitions
* Favorites - you can create your own lists of favorite items and organize them in groups
* History of last visited terms and articles
* Fast article scrolling
* No connection to the Internet required - you can use the dictionary on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch without connecting to the Internet and with no additional charges
* Daily term feature to help you memorize a term each day
Can’t find the word you are looking for? Three kinds of filters will help you locate that elusive word.
* Fuzzy filter – used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword – used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card – “?” and “*” replace a letter and group of letters in words to broaden your search