Video 2 Photo - extract still pictures from movies
- App Store Info
DescriptionVideo 2 Photo allows you to export one or more high quality photos from your videos (and Live Photos) in a quick, fun and original way.
Why would you do that?
* Sometimes you hesitate between taking a photo or a video. Take a video! thanks to 'Video 2 Photo' you can now extract from your video as many images as you like!
* You have inadvertently recorded a video when you wanted to take a picture. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can finally recover photos from this video.
* Taking 'The' good picture of an object, animal or person that moves is almost impossible. With 'Video 2 Photo' this becomes feasible.
* Taking a picture of yourself is always difficult. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can choose exactly the right image that suits you best.
* Choose a representative picture of your best videos and put it as wallpaper or print it in order to have it always with you.
* Have fun watching your favorite movies frame by frame and find the little detail that you had never seen before.
Videos can be imported from your device in several ways.
You can also connect your iDevice to iTunes in order to drag and drop other videos (iTunes file sharing feature).
The camera can be used directly to record a video in order to extract the images quickly thereafter.
An animated and original interface allows you to precisely select a picture from all the ones contained in the video.
It is also possible to view the video (possibly in full screen) and to directly target a specific time.
Once the image is selected, you will be able to view it (possibly in full screen), to eventually crop it (keeping the most interesting part of it) and to export it (to PNG or JPEG files) in different ways:
- archive it in the camera roll of your iDevice
- send it by email
- retrieve it via iTunes file sharing
- copy it (and thus paste it into other applications)
- print it
- open it directly in another application supporting image import.
- and even send it as a tweet or to facebook !
HD Images exported using Video 2 Photo have the highest possible resolution and quality.
Their resolution being the exact same one than the videos they are extracted from (a 1920 x 1080 video will produce 1920 x 1080 images)
If needed, some power user settings, located in the settings application, allows to change some parameters like the output file format (png/jpeg), the associated meta-data, and some behaviors of the application.
This application can run, on your iPhone and your iPad, as a standalone application, or as an Action Extension (from the compatible applications like the Photo app).
Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported in all screens.
What's New in Version 2.0This new 2.0 version brings compatibility to a lot of great iOS 9 features :
* New : Photo Cloud compatibility. All your videos, even the ones in the cloud can be used in the app.
* New : 3D Touch support. A new Quick Action is available in the main screen : open the most recent video in your Camera Roll.
* New : Live Photos support. It is possible to view all the images contained in the Live Photo, like you are used to do it with your videos.
* New : Share extension support. A live Photo can also be imported directly from other applications like the Photo app.
* New : iPad Pro compatibility. Enjoy the app on your iPad Pro, and preview your images with an incredible resolution.
* New : Multitasking support. Thanks to Split View, use another application at the same time. The layout of the app is adjusted accordingly.
* New : App Thinning & bitcode support. The disk space taken by the app has been highly reduced.
* Fix : When the .jpg extension were selected (option available in the Settings app), the GPS and the date information were not correctly added in the metadatas.
* Various fixes and improvements.
If you like this application, don't forget to add/update your reviews.
Thank you for your support !