Radio Navigation Simulator Student - IFR Trainer
- App Store Info
DescriptionMake IFR flight training simpler - The app that flight instructors use to demonstrate radio navigation and students use to learn, consolidate and self test.
***** "The best IFR training app for the iPhone/iPad. It's very, very good."
**** "A wonderful app, easily worth the price. The design is excellent and very well thought out."
***** "Does pretty well what it says it does. A useful tool for teaching/learning VOR/ADF navigation. Proposed updates make it sound that future versions will be even more capable. Good, prompt support."
***** "Great learning tool!"
***** "Fantastic trainer!"
Experienced pilots will also find the simulator valuable to prepare for an instrument rating or proficiency test.
Review by an experienced airline pilot & aviation blogger, who utilised RNS for a Boeing 737 check ride --
"Little did I know that the 30 minutes I spent playing with his application was the reason I flew the approach so awesomely!"
Radio Navigation Simulator ‘Student’ is a precision 2D flight simulator and training aid, designed for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch, that enables students and pilots to practice, understand, and become proficient in the use and management of VOR, DME and ADF instruments, and radios, all displayed with a Directional Gyro on a realistic flight panel.
For students, it’s easy to zoom-in, to either a single beacon, or a set of beacons, drag the airplane around to different locations, and watch the needles react. When ready, fly a prepared exercise or your own routes.
● Instrument panels optimised specifically for iPad & iPhone, with full support for retina displays.
● The simulator operates within a Exercise flight environment of approx 150 x 200 nm, populated with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB Navaids & Airfields with specific training exercises.
● Scaleable chart with Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft symbols.
● Full chart management with VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
● Aircraft track trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
● Flight panel and navigation chart simultaneously displayed.
● Realistic flight panel with the following instruments:
● VOR, DME, ADF (RBI) and Directional Gyro .
● Fully manageable Radios for ADF, NAV1 and NAV2 (with DME).
● Real world Variation magnetic model with display of current Variation on the Chart.
● Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
● Altitude management and display.
● Flight profile in Real or Compressed time.
● Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
● Dead reckoning navigation capability, with flight environment mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
● All instruments and chart controlled with an intuitive multi gesture interface.
● Touch button flying controls.
● Popup Toolbars & Annunciators to manage flight panel facilities.
● Popup Toolbars and Icons to manage chart facilities.
● Detailed Getting Started help and full User Manual, contained within the app.
● Exercise Area chart and exercises are separately downloadable as PDF, for printing or reference
What's New in Version 2.2● Magnetic Variation display on chart.
● Chart Navaid display improvements.
● Nav Info Toolbar selection improvements.
● NAV & ADF Radio Frequency Range improvement.
● Bug fix for Pause button on iOS 10 devices.
● General bug fixes and performance improvements.