Radio Navigation Simulator Student edition - Instrument Navigation Trainer for Pilots
- App Store Info
DescriptionThe perfect mobile tool for Instructors to demonstrate radio navigation techniques, and for students to consolidate and self test. Experienced pilots will also find the simulator valuable to prepare for an instrument rating or proficiency test.
Radio Navigation Simulator ‘Student’ is a precision 2D flight simulator and training aid, designed for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch, that enables students and pilots to practice, understand, and become proficient in the use and management of VOR, DME and ADF instruments, and radios, all displayed with a Directional Gyro on a realistic flight panel.
For students, it’s easy to zoom-in, either to a single beacon, or a set of beacons, drag the airplane around to different locations, and watch the needles react. When ready, choose to fly a prepared exercise, or your own routes, in a flight area of approximately 200 x 150 nms, populated with more than 40 navaid facilities. Printable latitude and longitude area charts are free to download.
***** "The best IFR training app for the iPhone/iPad. It's very, very good."
**** "A wonderful app, easily worth the price. The design is excellent and very well thought out."
***** "Does pretty well what it says it does. A useful tool for teaching/learning VOR/ADF navigation. Proposed updates make it sound that future versions will be even more capable. Good, prompt support."
***** "Great learning tool!"
***** "Fantastic trainer!"
Review by an experienced airline pilot & aviation blogger, who utilised RNS for a Boeing 737 check ride --
"Little did I know that the 30 minutes I spent playing with his application was the reason I flew the approach so awesomely!"
● Instrument panels optimised for iPhone5, iPhone, iPad & iPad mini, with full support for retina displays.
● Simulator operates within a synthetic flight environment of approx 300 x 200 nm, populated with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB navaids.
● Scaleable chart with Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft symbols.
● Full chart management with VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
● Aircraft track trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
● Flight panel and navigation chart simultaneously displayed.
● Realistic flight panel with the following instruments:
● VOR, DME, ADF (RMI or RBI) and Directional Gyro .
● Fully manageable Radios for ADF, NAV1 and NAV2 (with DME).
● Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
● Altitude management and display.
● Flight profile in Real or Compressed time.
● Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
● Dead reckoning navigation capability, with flight environment mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
● All instruments and chart controlled with an intuitive multi gesture interface.
● Touch button flying controls.
● Popup Toolbars & Annunciators to manage flight panel facilities.
● Popup Toolbars and Icons to manage chart facilities.
● Detailed Getting Started help and full User Manual, contained within the app.
● All exercises and chart are seperately downloadable as PDF, for printing or reference.
What's New in Version 2.1.2Two Chart Orientation modes are now included:
* North Up - Aircraft moves across chart and chart is orientated North.
* Heading Up - Chart stays centred on aircraft and chart is oriented by aircraft heading
These can be selected using the new Chart Orientation buttons on the Environment and Exercises menu page.
General bug fixes and performance improvements.